for I tried, Mother

6/12/2003 c1 139Gauy
I can't say I can relate to this one. When it came to something important, I never explained how I felt to anyone. Just let them have their way, just to avoid an argument or other conflict.
5/11/2003 c1 34Smoky Bear
Philip Larkin summed it up with "they fuck u up, your mum and dad." And you're right too... parents don't take their children say seriously...it's sad.

The poem itself has style and simplicity. what you haven't written here speaks volumes in what you have. i like that. clear and to the point. once again everyone can relate, good job.
3/20/2003 c1 17Jade6
Oh. This is so sad. It is amazing how much can sometimes *not* be said between a parent and child. This is tragic the way communication has completely broken down. My favorite lines were:

I look at you.and I hesitate,

You wait..

It was such a telling moment in your piece. This moment of silence before the parting. A *very* good piece!

Take Care

Jade
1/25/2003 c1 3Hopes Forgotten
Short, sad, and good. I almost want to cry it's so sad!
12/26/2002 c1 Rose Dark Thorn
When I try to talk to my mom, she gets more confused. I figure, what's the point? I can relate.
10/24/2002 c1 bLoOdYhAnDs
how sad... very simple, yet deep.
10/15/2002 c1 100broken wings241
oh, how rude! Sometimes I don't get parents, they tell you not to be stupid when you say the world sux, they tell you not to be a quitter when you say it's too hard and they tell you not to take the cowards way out when you talk of suicide... that is probably not the best thing to say to a suicidal teenager. I don't get parents as was afore mentioned.
10/14/2002 c1 40TK Styles
I like this. It has a really strong message. Short to to the point. Keep up the good work. Peace.
10/14/2002 c1 5The Crazy Cricket
Wow! Short, but has a very real message! I feel that way sometimes when I try to talk to one of my parents! It doesn't work!
10/13/2002 c1 34AquaSilverDragon
hey, know what you mean! just like my mom...:-(

Awesome poem.