for Desert

3/30/2005 c1 KP silent
That was pretty sweet. Rock on with the poet thing.
3/8/2003 c1 21Dryad
hey good for you! hope you win that thingy your talking about. and good poem, I like it!
11/16/2002 c1 Enkaged Lazyness can't be helped sometimes
Hey, I'm back! Alive and kickin again! Well... This one is a little confusin to me, so I'll give it a 3 out of 5. Keep it uAAAAAAAAAA, RUnaway! Big spoon Incoming! ( No really, 1000 bucks? Congrats if it's true)
11/13/2002 c1 50Kittioto
OoOOoh... I LIKE this one! Very much indeed! In fact, I do believe I shall read it again...

...

... Woooooowww... wowie, "W.O.W.", that's SO GREAT! DEFINITELY one of your best! And even though I hate to lower the stand of your Piccolo poems... I'd actually have to say that this IS the best. ^_^** Besides, it REMINDS me of Piccolo, when he was training Gohan in the wilderness, and he did that kawaii temple-lifting thing, and and and... ~Rambles on for hours on end~

And YEAH! ^_^ This poem has a great feeling to it, admittedly, and is far better than many of mine... gotta love it. I think I shall proceed to add it to favorites. ^_^** "A rose cannot be a rose, without a thorn in its defense" - I think I like that line best... though all of them were rather good. ~Grins~ So keep up the good work!

As for Poetry.com? I dunno if it's a TOTAL Hoax... but I think it is a little. Last year I entered and was a "semi-finalist" and this year I entered and was again a "semi-finalist" ... ALSO, both years I was evidently entered into a volume called "The Sound Of Poetry" which was supposedly "your poem being featured along with 32 other poets!" - Which SOUNDS like I'm a special one person out of 33 that gets it, and that's all but... ... tough luck. I think they do that for a lot of people. BUT I DON'T KNOW! So don't take my word on it. ^_^**

... And uh... I dunno why I entered both years. ^_^** Probably because I enjoy getting mail, lol...

Anywho, this poem is good enough to deserve the award! ~_^
11/12/2002 c1 Sassinak
It is a hoax, you unimaginable fooooooool... sorry about that. Everyone who enters a contest at peotry.com is put in as a finalist, and they say that they are putting you in a book... but have you seen the book in any stores?

I really like the poem, but don't get so exited about the contest...
11/7/2002 c1 176DefianceIsMe
The imagery is exquisite. You can actually FEEL the hot air and see the sloping dunes and the sweeping winds...Great job. ^_^
11/7/2002 c1 3shelter
Quite flawless and perfect in both your imagery and irony at the end. Mo secret why you're a finalist. Seems like everyone writes poetry better than I do.

The lines 'a rose cannot be a rose...a desert cannot be a desert...' are probably the centre of attention in this poem, to me that is. And your paradox of atmosphere and setting here is, if I may say, rather visual. And the last line just makes the entire thing more ironic. Nice job.
11/7/2002 c1 Adrienne
YESH! i deserves to be in a poetry book! ignore your mom... they can spoil things sometimes .