for Neuroses

4/22/2003 c1 28yet another running mouth
Yes, fear can paralyze; but in many cases a petty fear drives us to do that which we fear the most. Fear will always drive us more than promises of wealth or power; it reminds us of what we are, who we are, and that which we should become.
2/10/2003 c1 BloodyPoet
*clap clap clap clap clap* Very good!
1/31/2003 c1 34NeoDragonZero
this is a very interesting poem u got here. its true that not everyone has a strong stomach for the deformed, and they usually dont like to change their outlook on life to accomodate the differences that life offers. it is true also that ppl have their limits and will allow their fears to manipulate their minds into submission. it is a sad thought when ppl fear themselves or others, fearing rejection mainly. just get out there and get it over with, its not all that hard... *pushes scared person on stage*

this is an interesting poem indeed, and altho i know that the poem u reviewed isnt really poetry, i cant find any other way of categorizing it...

i could go on and analyze this entire poem from its base to the peak, but that'd take too long...

so i just have this little comment left:

keep up the good work, have fun with ur insanity (we all know it lives in us all, we just gotta find it) and for those who think of insanity as evil, ur sadly wrong... its a wondrous thing!

keep it up man,

Neo
1/16/2003 c1 21avhn
Nicely written. It is a rather frightening thought actually- to meet another human-like species. I wonder what that would be called... homo sapiaphobic maybe? Hmm...
1/12/2003 c1 31CaramelMacchiato
Wow...that really penetrated my mind, that did. You say you are insane...well, many insane people have made many insanely amazing works. I have been told I'm one of the best poets ever (I'm not bragging; really it happened!), with poetry that should come from an insane mind...so I guess I'm unhinged as well...actually, I know it.
1/12/2003 c1 Lucas Harper
Fantastic form. great writing all round.
1/4/2003 c1 3Ares-Artemis
Let me just say that I think you and I have more or less the same idea of going out there... I like this one. An easy rhyme, but you say it out clearly.
12/30/2002 c1 50Kittioto
... DUDE! ~Points rabidly~ I LOVE that!

Very suspenseful! You keep building up in the poem that you're frightened of SOMETHING, and the last verse was very powerful... I really, really do like that. Well done!

Good rhythm, too. Not so easily found on ff.net lately, I've noticed... ~Frowns~ ... or even in actual books of poetry. Just not common, I suppose. ~Shrugs~ Anyway.

That last verse, again, I enjoyed very much... it beholds many possibilities. Questions as to why you would fear that so much. Perhaps because the world of today, the every day people, have decayed so much... or maybe for other reasons, such as possible war. Goodness knows that us humans are no where near perfect. Irrational creatures we are. So I liked that aspect most... that you would keep the mind open to possibilities. Very smooth. ^^
12/24/2002 c1 1Jondymk
you're...you're good at expressing yourself [which as you can see i'm not]

it's...it makes you think

well done and thanks for the review
12/12/2002 c1 14Mnemosyne Nine
I love this! this is really lovely, real brain candy. I especially like how you speak of all these fears so obliquely, rather than saying it directly out. It adds so much to it.
12/4/2002 c1 4Weasy
Yeah your right, Freud would love to have you as his number one gineau pig. But it's cool. I like the view of life... it's somewhat less cynical than mine (soz pacifist speaking) but still, it's nice. I can't of like the idea of meeting someone out there who's learnt that some of the stuff we do is just stupid... and at the same time i don't want the next world to just be treated like anout LEDC, or use us like another resource.

Weasy

(Oh, and physacists of the world unite!)

(hmm... I really can't spell today...)
12/1/2002 c1 8SuperSteph
I agree with you, very much.

btw, thanks for reviewing. You write wonderfully.

-Stephie
12/1/2002 c1 27Electra Fairford
I like the point at the end a lot. Very well done and quite amusing

One thing - rhyming poetry is fine, but be sure to have some sort of rhythm scheme as well
11/26/2002 c1 43Schizophrenic Doll
good job. i likes ^_^ I have to admit, the thought of a species out there like our own, scares the hell out of me, but that's a different story lol. Keep up the good work... Freud...yuk...that's all I have to say lol

~never willing to cave into others' beliefs to fit in~ Tyche SHadows
11/25/2002 c1 psychochick
Are you afraid of encountering a species like our own, or my own species? Can't you just imagine a whole civilization of people like me? *evil chuckles*

Interesting rhymes; it doesn't sound forced or manipulated. I like it. You have a talent with that that I envy. I prefer straight words.

I completely understand the silly little fears that the common person allows to cripple them. Why should we be afraid in this life? We only have one shot at it, so I say we should take advantage of it. I see life as possibilities, and worrying over personal neuroses only stunts growth. NO FEAR!
21 Page 1 2 Next »