for Not In My Name

7/29/2003 c1 5catviolist
On the style of the poem: I really love how you divide your stanzas and repeat single words. It really emphasizes them and singles them out, which makes you think about them :) Also, I like how you sprinkled phrases from earlier stanzas into later ones using parenthesis; it echos the thought, but not too loudly. "And" is a little overused (in my opinion, that is...), I would maybe take some of them out.

On the subject of the poem: I agree so much. (And I speak as a Christian)

I know this review is long already ;), but I have to respond to some of the earlier ones. Yes, what happened on Sept. 11 was horrible, but (this is sort of in response to an earlier review) that had nothing to do w/ Saddam! We were not justified in our invasion of Iraq. Saddam was NOT a threat to us, NO wpd have been found, and it was justified on false statements and faulty intelligence.
6/25/2003 c1 Christina Miller too lazy to log in
If we didn't go after Saddam Hussein, he'd just think we're an easy target and come after us.
3/5/2003 c1 Sierra
I'm not flaming you. Or, at least I don't MEAN to, so don't take it that way. Just a quick question: Are you saying we should forgive Osama bin Laden and go on? I could be wrong, but that's what you made it sound like (to me anyway).

I am a Christian, and I just thought I'd point out one thing before I stop annoying you: God is not necessarily anti-war. True, God does love everyone, and He hates to see His children die. But sometimes there is NO alternative.

Sierra.