for With Love

6/30/2009 c18 1LightWhereTheSunDontShine
Yea! They had their happy ending! I'm still crying over the lost soliders! I hope more people read your story so they can be enlightened just like I was! God Bless You and All The Soliders, dead or alive!
6/30/2009 c15 LightWhereTheSunDontShine
I've already cried all the tears I can and the book isn't even over!

God Bless The USA

by Lee Greenwood

If tomorrow all the things were gone,

I’d worked for all my life.

And I had to start again,

with just my children and my wife.

I’d thank my lucky stars,

to be livin here today.

‘Cause the flag still stands for freedom,

and they can’t take that away.

And I’m proud to be an American,

From the lakes of Minnesota,

to the hills of Tennessee.

Across the plains of Texas,

From sea to shining sea.

From Detroit down to Houston,

and New York to L.A.

Well there's pride in every American heart,

and its time we stand and say.

That I’m proud to be an American,

And I’m proud to be and American,

6/30/2009 c6 LightWhereTheSunDontShine
Nevermind! I'm all better now! By the way, youre an amazing writer! you should think about becoming an athor, unless you have a different dream!
6/30/2009 c5 LightWhereTheSunDontShine
Brad can't love her! And Dan is still alive so that letter was a lie! She can't fall in love with Brad when Dan is still alive! She just can't! He should have sent the letter!
3/28/2007 c1 ANGEL992210
VERY NICE
7/9/2003 c18 Stephanie Rose
I loved the ending. It was *sniff* beautiful.
7/9/2003 c1 Stephanie Rose
Another great story. It's so sad, and so romantic. I'm glad he's fighting for the South.
5/11/2003 c18 7Liriel87
It could have been shorter, but it was ok i guess.
4/29/2003 c2 2kathleen-525
Good story. Keep up the good work.
3/30/2003 c18 Gold Enchantress
Did I LIKE the ending? Are you kidding me? I LOVED it! Absolutely LOVED it! You're lucky you're writing a sequel to this, because if you weren't, you'd find a VERY upset enchantress on your hands. And when I'm upset, I'm probably more dangerous than the Union army and the Confederate army put together, LOL!

There were so many occasions when I was holding my breath, thinking there would be one more casualty. You really kept me in suspense! There were lots of times when I felt though I were on the battlefield beside Dan and Kenneth and Timmy, watching with horror as their comrades were knocked over by bullets or shattered by cannon shells...as they watched their friends burn in the fires (Cocky comes to mind) or bleed to death after a battle...or, even worse, die of a disease, without the honor of dying in battle.

Also, I congratulate you on the many true facts you included. You really did your homework, didn't you? I've always thought the hard part about writing a historical novel is making sure you have all the facts...and making sure the actual historical figures you include (such as Robert E. Lee, Ulysses S. Grant, Picket...) aren't out of character.

All in all, you did a really great job. Am I ever glad I decided to check out the Historical Section. I ought to drop by more often! ^_^
3/30/2003 c7 Gold Enchantress
Thank you for explaining about why you had made Joey the slave such an *cough* asshole (excuse my language). I feel almost embarrassed to admit it now, but I was beginning to find his personality rather...offensive. But thank you for clearing everything up; I hold nothing against you anymore! ^_^

By the way, I'm hooked. That's why I haven't been reviewing other chapters. I can't stop reading! *two thumbs up*
3/30/2003 c4 Gold Enchantress
Er...I'm confused.

Is Dan really dead?
3/30/2003 c2 Gold Enchantress
Gettysburg... *eyes grow wide* Suddenly all the images from the movie-the detailed bloodshed, the shouts of the actors as they "died"-suddenly it all comes rushing back to me like it was only yesterday I saw it...and I haven't seen it in 3 years.

*hums "Fife and Drum* (Gettysburg soundtrack)

(Did you know that Stonewall Jackon's horse survived the entire war, and that after he died, his body was stuffed and put in a museum?)
3/30/2003 c1 Gold Enchantress
*stares at screen* O_O Oh wow. I really need to visit the Historical section more often. To think what I'm missing!

Such as this. I was actually reading this because I'm interested in your sequel...and am I glad I decided not to be lazy and skip over this!

I love it. It's realistic and fictional at the same time. Meaning I know it's not a true story but at the same time it feels like a true story. I wouldn't be surprised if something like this actually happened: a daughter, determined to marry the man of her dreams, disowned by her family because of the side her fiancé chose; a once-unbreakable love cracked like a fallen vase...and all because of the war.
2/28/2003 c18 7Punk Poser
That was a good story, I enjoyed every bit of it. The ending was nice and sweet, the whole story was for the most part actually. Good job!
47 Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »