for Mainstream Lament

2/6/2014 c1 Sayuri Lapis
True. This is why i hate english dubs.
12/3/2003 c1 Zagwiggle
sheesh! i'm about to cry! thank goodness for the mangas or it just wouldn't be the same. but inuyasha came out actually more violent, perverted, and cursing-filled. how about that...
11/20/2003 c1 Angel-In-Black
bravo, I totally agree. I don't spose u know where I can get hold of/download the 'pure' stuff? e-mail me if you do, I'd appreciate it.
10/17/2003 c1 orangefreak33
Well. I'm not a big fan of anime, but I do understand your pain.
9/22/2003 c1 1Kaiwaf
ah, so true so true...'tis sad. Escaflowne was my bitter pill...they totally ruined that beautiful show...with the music as you said and with cutting out half of it to make it y7. It makes me not want to watch dubs anymore...

kat
6/16/2003 c1 9Magentian
Wow. I may actually have liked Sailor Moon, if they hadn't changed it. As is, I can't stand it... maybe that's why! Kill the dubbers! *angry mob arrives out of nowhere and storms the place*
6/10/2003 c1 24Thundergod Cid
Amen! I loved this! Too funny! I, too, am one furious at the lack of Japan in the supposedly Japanese anime running on Cartoon Network and such stations. I have pretty much just stopped watching the censored crap, and turning to my imported Outlaw Star/Vampire Hunter D/Insertananimehere DVDs. Very nice, once again, and I'm glad to see that there are other people mad at the injustice of the censor.
3/4/2003 c1 RainShadow2005
I don't watch a whole lot of anime, but I had some friends in high school that were really into it, so I know all about the issues in this piece. It's enough to drive everybody crazy.
2/12/2003 c1 1Dragonbreath
True. So very true. I'm Starting a fic in which DBZ/SM charachters try to destroy major Dub companies, but now I see how very many animes should get a peice of them. Thanks for the enlightenment.
2/11/2003 c1 4Schu no ko
*applaudes* Beautiful! Just beautiful!

I loved it very much. I'm showing it to all my friends.
1/21/2003 c1 boogybloog
I thought this was hillarious! I too, am furious at the mutilation that our poor poor anime goes through to reach banal Western Hemisphere eyes. It makes me furious that the Yu Gi Oh was not only picked up in the middle of the story (the actual non-dueling shadow games are not even mentioned), but it was edited in it's cencored anime form to boot! Sailor Moon, Tenchi, Yu Yu Hakusho, Gundam...all bleeding to death on the cutting room floor. This is the second work I've read of yours...I like your wit and writing style much more than the glomping, game show running morons that seem to accumulate here.