for Half and Half

7/22/2003 c1 90SweetGrape
Nice take on the cliche!

Good rhythm and rhyming throughout.

The first 2 stanzas were pretty nice and soothing, but then you move expand the idea and that's great. 'The heart is half-mended'- beautiful.

'The boy' part is nice social commentary and encouragement.

Ends really sweetly, full of hope and optimism- very good for the heart:)
3/8/2003 c1 idontwriteherenomore
I realised that I had missed out on a poem of yours so had to review!

First of all I must say, WOW!

I really liked this poem, it was very nice put together in a way that made me follow it all the way and still wonder a bit.

It was just really good!

Love you lots hunny!
2/23/2003 c1 Needa S
I like your depth in this piece! Good job! Keep writing..
2/22/2003 c1 7mango surprise
ah, i was looking fwd to reading this poem, but i don't know why, hehe! just saw its title and thought that it was going to be gd, had a gd idea behind it, so left it til last (was last on the list neway, seens as i went bkwards- hehe!), and hm. was definitely something!

i liked the way u did the opposing sides, lol- the pessimistic view, and then the optimistic view, lol. also thought it was interesting the way you did it as a 'boy's' life, lol, ratha than a girl! hehe! suppose we can all be different though can't we! and is nice change, neways. ur gd at doing that!

oh, btw, am listening to Without You! hehe! just realised it was on! hm, am trying to listen out for this 'sexy voice' lol. the only bit i think he sounds really nice on is the 'now i'm falling.' bit, and also the very end! hehe! but. *listens to Mattie* ah, there is the man! haha! *looks at pathetic amount of ADG she has done today. hits self*

oh, neways, bk to poem- haha! distracted there! i think it really shows the struggles ppl go thru within themselves all the time, and how they vary with their feelings. but i liked the way u linked it all up at the end- gave it a more hopeful feel! hehe!

OH! I'VE FOUNF 2ND MATTIE SONG! hehehehe! its loser kid. wen he sings, 'oh, i get recognised in the street.' bit! hehe! FAB!

oh, that leads me onto my last thought for this, and all the poems have read 2nite, hehe. no, not loser! FAB! hehhehehehhehhe.

hunny, u really are an amazing talent, is so.. stupeifying (that spelt right?) the way u think nd feel so much at sucha young age and can put it down on paper, hehe! u must count urself so lucky- never think ur not gd at this, cos that only means ur a damn lot betta than the rest of us!

lotsa luv

Kate

x
2/13/2003 c1 12restless-wandering
wow. I like this poem a lot! great comparison and everything, o i liked the rhyming too. Great job :)