for Rabbiting On

12/20/2003 c1 1Dizzy the Freak
Yes, another review. Though I bet you like those, don't you? ^o.-^
Since I was little, I've been... kinda... obsessed with cats. *twitch* Ask my parents, tons of embarrasing stories, loads of fun. ^.
11/15/2003 c1 skybluekitty
i'd just like to say that that's really a neat thing, being a fur. i totally understand prejudice, being both Wiccan and bisexual myself (among other things). I've never heard of being a fur before...i mean, i've come across the idea before, but i had no idea that *other* people think about things like that too!

now, i'm kinda tossing around the idea of being a fur myself. i mean, i have this huge thing for horses. i know it's really common to be horse-obsessed, but i've been completely in love with horses for about six years now. and i've never ridden a horse in my life. but like, every time i see one, i just feel this total longing to go...*talk* to it or something. uh, this is kind of a long review and all, but if you're interested in talking more about this with me, you can always email ()
10/17/2003 c1 158outruntheavalanche
Wow, I never heard of this before, but I enjoyed your essay. It was very well written and thought out :)
10/16/2003 c1 6Evil-Frolicing-Angel
Danke chen! The steriotype is so bizarre! I know I cant spell =:*} ( Think tha's a little more accurate on the Rabbit scale, but I wouldn't know, since I'm a completely unknown species: The Rabbit with bige pointe theethe. The only documented sightings of theis creatuere, which is actually a hare, is in a monty python film... Wow this is a long parenthesis... I didn't mean to keep on going and going...) I am all happy because of the essay you wrote, and I loved the inside humour.
9/24/2003 c1 wonkydonkey
I'm sorry lover, don't be angry. :-*
9/24/2003 c1 wonkydonkey
Oh get over it!
9/21/2003 c1 3FurballofEvilness
This is a very interesting essay. I'm a big fan of WSD, and i can't help but say that you did a totally remarkable job. (even if you only mentioned it atleast twice) I had no idea that there were actually things like this going on. ignorant me. well anyways, great job! ^.^
9/13/2003 c1 19Crow08
I usually get bored when I read long essays, but yours is well - written and keeps the reader entertained.

I got my first pet about five years ago: a hamster. Since then I have gotten eight more.

Although I haven't heard of furs until now, I've dreamed many times that I was a hamster; taking on their aspects such as sight, sound, and hearing. I've also found that they are quite complex creatures ... most people just classify them as a rat.

I also like how you bring up the novel WaterShip Down. I read it a short while ago, and it seemed that I somehow connected with it (thank the world for Blackberry).

This is a great essay.
9/3/2003 c1 6Zurizip
Hm. I think I know a fur, but she no knowing it. Wolf.

I dunno about me, Dolphin, if anything, but I'm drawn mostly to the ocean itself, so it isn't furriness exactly.

I've never heard the term, but learn something new every day...
8/26/2003 c1 57tofujunky
That was one of the most interesting thing I have ever read. I'm glad you wrote this because I've learned something new today :)

Anyways, I am a vegetarian for a reason. I love animals, and absolutely despise people who kill them for fun. I believe all living things should have the right to the pursuit of happiness, not just humans! My own family (all meat eaters) thinks I'm a little wacky because of it, but it doesn't bother me. Everyone has the right to their own opinion, and I respect that.

I feel a strong sympathy for snakes. I can't stand it when people mention "snake" and "evil" in the same breath. I don't mind becoming a "fur", since I'm pretty much anti-human anyways. This is just me. So please don't get me wrong, I don't mean that to be "fur", you have to be anti-human or anything like that. I think I should stop babbling now . . .

Hey, it looks like you were born on the year of the rabbit. Am I right?
8/21/2003 c1 220Namir Swiftpaw
Ah, Loganberry...I didn't know you were a were (or fur, as you call it) too!

But I must say that domestic cats are NOT that well represented in the fur/were community. I know of one other domestic cat besides myself. I have seen many wild cats (lions, tigers, cougars) but barely any kitties.

Are you part of Werenation, by any chance? I don't know if I have ever seen you on there, but I'm on there a lot (it's a messageboard for people who are therianthropes/fur/were). You should join, if you haven't already.

It's awesome that you are a rabbit fur. You're the first bunny I have met. ^^ Any particular species?

Man...that's so cool. It's weird how many other weres/furs I have met on this site.

Anyway, nice essay! I think you explained it well, and all the more power to you for getting in tune with yourself and discovering who you are!

Keep writing!

~Namir, your friendly neighborhood kitty.
8/5/2003 c1 15pinkdragon
I'm intrigued. I'm interested in knowing more. Like, how does one know they're a fur? If it isn't too pushy of me, I'd like you to read the first quote of my bio and chapter 5 of my fic Curiosity. If you don't, I totally understand. Just email me and tell me to p*ss off, and I will. If not, plz email me and let me know what you think.

thanx

pink
7/31/2003 c1 tobythorne
I don't understand all the "fur" stuff, but I do believe the "Spiritually furriness" you refer to is called Therianthropy. Where one believes they are, in part (their soul or spirit) an animal.

Anyway, I like your writing style, and I enjoyed reading this. It was fun and informative :) hehe.
7/27/2003 c1 3Terra1
You're probably quite unfortunate that I'm writing this to you, but still. Some things need to be said.

It is such a pity that people go around calling themselves Furs. I mean, I could be a fur too, for Merlin's sake! If I'd found out about this subculture a while ago, I would have been known as a Cat to almost everyone!

But how - how - can you fail to see how restricting it is? No not liberating, restricting. I mean, there are too many subcultures around, and all they end up doing is leaving humanity to be a miserable shadow of what it should rightly be.

You see, Furs, Werewolves, Dragons, Faes, Vampires, Angels, Demons... we're all human. And more to the point, all of you - and I should be included in that for I'm damned sure I fit in somewhere - are *spiritually open*. Now I know you won't say you're *not* human, but other humans are referred to as 'mundanes', and more importantly, this subculture is a shelter.

You are a rabbit, aren't you? And a human. But also, a rabbit. So, whether willingly or not, you are less included in the category of 'humans' than mundanes are. I don't know if you realize that, but seriously, don't tell me you don't feel *apart*, or *distanced* from the less spiritually open. And what I mean by that is simply that you are more accepting, more tolerant, more able to connect with your 'soul'.

If *everyone* in this world who has achieved a certain level of spirituality finds they can fit in with a subculture that will make them less connected to the mainstream, dominant, conformist culture, then *that* culture will wane in quality simply because it can't *benefit* from all this underground spirituality.

And 'humanity' becomes mundane. Spiritual becomes subculture. I don't know how to explain this any better, but I *know* I'm right when I say that this is not the way it was meant to happen. Everything is actually so simple it hurts me no end to see it become so confusing.

I can't write any longer, these restrictions we place on our own kin and future for the sake of peace rather than balance are hurting me too much.

I hate it all, I bloody hate it all.
7/3/2003 c1 dfgsdfgsdfgsdfgsdw
An interesting and engaging little essay, and so very, very true. I don't believe I've ever seen the aspects of furrydom so well-described. Everything you have written rings true for me and probably many other self-professed furries. Well done, my good rabbit, well done. :)

Tiff/Afriti