for Rabbiting On

3/27/2003 c1 10James Jago
Erm... well, I don't really know what to say to this.

By the way, you were right about me not signing my review; I've made a point of doing so here.
3/13/2003 c1 7delighted delirium
Interesting...And that is all I can think of to say.
3/12/2003 c1 12restless-wandering
wow, that explains alot. Thnx for the e-mail :)
3/7/2003 c1 20Turtle Sensei
hm deep in thought here, well i'm native american and as most natives feel a connection to an animal (mom is Wolf, brother is Crow) i have NEVER felt a connection with any ONE animal. I've always been sorta special to wild animals like Bears, Tiger, Lions, Elephants, i don't like animals that are percieved (spell that right?) as "pets" i don't like that we as a people (mainly meaning mankind not myself, or so i like to hope) treat animals as if they are "nothing" but "things" that are meant for us to eat/enslave/own. I think I'll shut up, because you just gave me an idea for a Poem. also the MAIN thin i feel connection with is Rain, my native american name (although i don't think it fits all too well) is Rainbow's Child, given to me by, as my story says, a Nisquali Shaman who was a friend of the family. Although my mother had a vision the night before of a little girl(me!) playing under a rainbow, and nothing else around her. The next day, she went to go into the sweathut with the shaman and his wife, (didn't tell either of them of her dream as is custom) and in the sweathut they all saw the same vision as she had the night before. So hence forth my Native American name became Rainbow's Child. so yea.i'm gonna shut up now and go write that poem.i tend to ramble on when i get onto a subject i like! lol e-mail me if u wanna know any Native American related stuffs OK? e-mail is
3/3/2003 c1 7fw5blue
Well that was certainly enlightening. I have never heard of "furs" before and I thought you explained it quite well, though its hard to say since this is the first explanation I've read. I thought I'd recommend "Biting the Sun" by Tannith Lee. It's a great fantasy book and also has a character that really wants to be an animal. In that world you can change physical appearance, though she gets upset that they won't let her get a "purring" mechanism. BTW, when asked what my favorite animal was as a child and teen, I always said rabbit and hated the "aw" reaction. Couldn't say right now.anyway, good job.
3/3/2003 c1 58Alyx Bradford
This really is a lovely explanation. I suppose you'd have to call me a spiritual fur (lupine), and I've been that way for ages, since I was a very small child, but only recently did I realize there were lots of other people who were similar. I've only just started learning about the whole community, and now I think I'd have to be called an empathic fur, too - I hadn't before realized such a term existed. Thank you.

~~Alyx
3/1/2003 c1 9Bloodfiend
It's not very often that someone will discuss something like this on a site that is not distinctly furry. Having realised I was a fur(vulpine by variety) some five years ago I've always found it hard to fit in even with other furs but I've always wanted to tell people about what being a fur was like. You've done this really well. Thanks. Cool. I haven't met many lapines before.
2/27/2003 c1 5cybernet3000
Excellent work, I too find you're writing style enjoyable. This seriously clears up a lot of misconceptions about furs in general. Bloody good job, mate! :D
2/27/2003 c1 5Professor Bob
This is something I didn't expect to be finding here. I myself concider my animal, or "Furry" aspect to myself, to be a dragon. I do small sketches in school, and I don't draw humans, but I do draw other people, just as what I see them being. I grew up reading stories like The Secret of NIMH, so furry stuff has crossed into my writing. My series of stories, The Trensetters, is a family of dragons that live in a reality based world. Life as we know it, but lived out by all different species. I find it's easier to write that way, and a whole lot funner. Using personification is a key to my style. I have seen people take furry to far with some of the art they draw, or "Fursuits" as they're called, but I do like artwork and literature. Something different!
2/26/2003 c1 8starlit nothing
Interesting and very informative! I had a vague idea of what a furry was before I read this, but I understand it better now. :) thanks for writing this.

ps - this might go better in the essay section than the biography section. I don't know.
2/26/2003 c1 Mistress Blaed
i am one of the minority.an extrovert spiritual fur.a snow leopard.

this is an amazing document, you have a very good writing style, and i just loved this in general! it was very well written adn true to furs everywhere!

this is going on my favorites list!
71 « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5