for Certain Little Things

8/29/2004 c1 1Genuinely-xoxo-Superficial
funny that... you're right i never really noticed it that much. I'm neither white nor black, though, and I live in australia not america, but i think- i hope i can still sympathise with you. I think it's good how you managed to express yourself without being racist back, though, that's very impressive
11/1/2003 c1 22MoLay
This rocks! I'm so happy that out of all, like, 26 of your reviews not one person flamed you on it. 26! And most of them were white! It's cool that we can find someone to voice their opinion and for the world to be open-minded. It's even better that we can discuss racisim and not have hate in our hearts.
8/8/2003 c1 10Sweet Mistakes
* raises hand *

I have a black Barbie!

And I really loved this! You said what was on your mind, in your heart and it rocked. I loved the way you ended it too..
7/25/2003 c1 Capitan Shibby
I liked it, considering the fact I'm white ^_^ You voiced your opinion and didn't care what people thought-that's really cool. And some of the things were true, I never really thought of the movie thing or the Barbie. Good job, loved it!
7/18/2003 c1 Mr. Death Bunny
I agree with this...even if I am white...very pale white...I respect your thoughts...and I hope you respect mine...though mine are kinda psychotic...and cruel...but hey, its a cruel world and we're not gonna get anywhere being hateful of each other...er...yeah...I hope I didn't sound like some freaky to-nice person just now...o.o...scary...
7/3/2003 c1 2TokyoGal90
awosome. I love the way you express how whites can ignor and be rude to you and stuff. I know alot of people who do that. I used to live in Pensacola FL where is was practily the only white person, and it was really weird. I was like an outsider adn to think that we do that all the time to yall. Some times I can be kinda prejudice, But This really helps me learn to look at people differn't ways. Keep up the great writing! Katy aka Tokyogal90
7/2/2003 c1 27LaureLalaith
hey, the truth hurts! but its good that your getting this out there, because maybe people will read it and stop being so ...white...and racist. good point!
6/14/2003 c1 200Ashes of a Willow
Even though I'm white (which really doesn't mean anything) I definitely see where you are coming from. My best friend is black, and we go through some stuff. But, in the end, the friendship we share keeps us together and I cherish that above all. ~Great poem
5/20/2003 c1 196Damaged
*eyes wide* Whoa! I didn't realize us whites are so . .. blah.
5/20/2003 c1 19embracethedark
Maybe I'm way off here, because I'm white, but I really think I understand what you're saying. And I agree, I see the kind of stuff you're talking about all the time. Racism is horrible. I can tell that you dont think all white people are like that, which is good, but you definately have a right to be pissed off. Keep writing stuff like this, please.
5/18/2003 c1 42ElizabethMary
You make a strong point and i say good for you vent all you want
5/17/2003 c1 9Sarina Fannel
They're are a lot of raciest ppl in the world...ppl who can't bend their mind to other things. I don't consider myself to be racist, I could care less whether a person is white, black, purpol, or pink to be honest. A person is a person..personality is my only turn off on them. The emotion in this was nice too.
5/16/2003 c1 132Sarah Parker
Wow. Powerful piece. I like it alot. I like that you put it into total free form like this... it gets the point across better by just pointing things out, then trying to give it a specific rythm or rhyme. I like even better that you added that you weren't saying it's all white people... because it's definitely not. I'm white, and my little sister had these two black barbies that were like.. her favorite dolls. *shrug* She also drew this picture of me with this really hot bald black guy and said it was who I was going to marry... hehe. Anyway, it's definitely not all white people, and being white myself, I don't really know where this poem is coming from... but I'm glad that you are open-minded enough to realize that you can't put one race into one group. Sorry, I'm rambling on. But great piece.
5/4/2003 c1 9Keighan Moureau
I can understand where you're coming from. Sometimes I think whites can be very hypicritical(not sure how to spell it). I'm Native American and I absolutely hate Thanksgiving. People celebrate the "First Thanksgiving". How dumb is that? We help them and then they steal our country, our culture. I think all races can be bad and all races harbor harsh feelings (even thouhg they may be deep down) for other races. Instead of hating others because of their skin color and culture, we should embrace the differences. Learn more about others who are unlike ourselves. You have a very unique writing style. I enjoyed reading your poem.
5/1/2003 c1 11little miss strange
Thats really good and I understand where you are coming from. I'm white, but it gets on my nerves when people treat people different period. No matter what race they are. I mean isn't everybody equal? Aren't we all on the same level? Sorry bout the ranting. lol Keep up the good work!
28 Page 1 2 Next »