for The Quicksilver Medallion

9/20/2003 c8 30The B.A.T
Hmm... just thought you should know several chapters are out of order... unless, of course, you purposely did that. But I highly enjoyed this chapter. I hate nitpicking, so I will spare this chapter (partially because I didn't find much and more so because I hate nitpicking specially good chapters). Of course, I'm curious about the skull and crossbones, which I can't help feeling IS cliche... but maybe there's something about the history of that symbol that you know about and I don't, you being the nautical expert and all. But could you tell me why you chose that symbol if you have the time?

9/20/2003 c6 The B.A.T
Lol! Just looking at that author's note... how can you dedicate an entire chapter to someone you DON'T like, lol. But no, this chapter wasn't boring... informative, more so. Yeah, that's a better word. I didn't even realize that they were on different continents until this chapter presented the foreshadowing conflict in the most subtle of ways. I mean, Sovay is a thief, but Windriders just seemed a tad out of place and fantastical. And it's strange; I don't care much for the great "hero" or "not-hero" as he would prefer to be called. It's not a matter of like or dislike... it's just that I have no true opinion of him. But no, this chapter was entertaining in its own right.

9/20/2003 c5 The B.A.T
Lol! Always great to see that girl at work; her mind never stops planning ahead, does it? Since this city seems to reek of power and those who wish to claim it, manipulation and persuasion shouldn't be too difficult for Sovay to muster. I love devious characters, especially when they're the "good guys", whatever that means. In the sentence where the fat admiral appears, you have 'An' starting it instead of 'A'. I'm assuming you added fat as an afterthought, but all the same... I do have to do my duty to critique. I don't want to be put in the 'good job' category of reviewer, you know.

9/19/2003 c26 Madgums
hehe! After reading your story, I suddenly remembered it was national talk like pirate day! How fitting! ar... Anyway, great chapter, and remember to talk like a pirate!

Parrot: Pirate! Pirate!
9/18/2003 c7 8Kezkay
O! A mysterious gentlem- er, barbarian... cool. Haha, that scene with Hawk and Kite was really funny, it brought back lots-o-memories. Hmm, 5 Sacred Children...hm *thinks some more, probably more than is healthy* -Kez
9/16/2003 c26 2Tituba
Oh my god, I just finished reading, and this is so good, I can't wait to see what happens next! I have a feeling that this is going to go on for meny chapters, meny, meny, meny chapters!Hehehe, That Lelly girl is way to funny, i actually know someone kinda like her, and i pity all the characters in this story who have to meet her! ok then, I have to go do evil physic's homework, so i will see ya later!

~ Katherine Elizabeth

PS:Was the revolving mirror room with the meny doors inspired by the 5th Harry Potter?

PPS:Have an Orangey day!
9/16/2003 c8 16RuathaWehrling
PIRATES! AR!

And good writing as well! Laters!
9/16/2003 c6 RuathaWehrling
Nice chapter, but I'm wondering why Saphra decides to take this job (dream job though it may be!) when, a minute before, she was so concerned with finding her sister. It doesn't seem very likely (except in a story, of course!) that she'd find Ashiri on such a venture...

Thanks for writing, again! ;)
9/15/2003 c4 30The B.A.T
Pretty cool, that Sovay. Lol, I suppose I'll have to guard my valuables a little more from now on, lest I lose them. I think this chapter was great short. Just enough of a fragment to let us all know what Sovay was like, and I now know what a highwayman is. Silly me... if you knew what I originally thought it was... -_-. But this was a good chapter. I wonder if Sovay will become a pirate.

9/15/2003 c3 The B.A.T
Well, naturally, something is amiss, but I doubt Ashiri is in any danger. I'm suspecting that it is all staged. Question: why the mysterious-cryptic-guy approach? You would think that if the situation were truly as severe as you made it out to be in Saphra's mind, the Keeper could have spared a great deal more detail. So I can only assume that she wasn't kidnapped and merely made it appear that she was. And UGH! *starts pulling his hairs out, the little he actually had to begin with* She didn't even ask his name! God, that's annoying. Sorry... just nitpicking at little things. And there was a line awhile back: "She headed in the direction of the Equipment Upgrades Office, pulling the glass-encased Flightwings behind me."

Just thought you should know.

9/15/2003 c26 I am Gone
Oh I love it!Love it!

Please write more soon.
9/13/2003 c4 ilelia
Wow what a story here! I really enjoy reading everything you write so far! I'm going to have to come back to finish it, but believe me I will. This was brillant, creative and def. stylish!
9/13/2003 c26 The-Mighty-Koshi
Once again, what can I say except excellent chapter. The ship name the Zesty Pepper was a bit...interesting...but everything else was awesome. Keep up the phenomenal work.

*bows*
9/13/2003 c26 19Karma-of-Chaos
Ah, now that I have had 17 hours of sleep, I think I can write a better review.

LuvLuvG is right, Sovay does seem to gain more...what's the word...roundness? As a character. Especially the part where you can see just a little bit of jealousy over Saphra having 'her face.'

And Jirarnor getting told off was all-in-all hilarious. That's what you get for calling Sovay an evil little pirate wench. Hee hee. Especially since he has to deal with dear little Lelly...^^;;

As for Sovay being governer, she could definatly pull it off, quite easily in fact. And she'd find some way of getting all she could out of it. But wouldn't it be funny if she and Arnold Schwarzznegger formed an alliance? =D That thought strikes me somehow as...very amusing.

As for everything else, good luck with your junior year! And thanks for the cookie and the email! You deserve all the reviews you get and more. =

Keep Writing!

-K.
9/13/2003 c26 2BuffLie
Wow. I think that was my favorite chapter yet. I love all your characters and I cant wait to find out what's in store next. Are you thinking about publishing this?
391 « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 .. Last Next »