for Open Unto the Fields

10/16/2003 c1 6Evil-Frolicing-Angel
It's so good *Sniff* But so sad as well... =:{

You inspire me!
7/6/2003 c1 32aulliana
A slightly sad but enjoyable read... I'm sure the song sounds wonderful!
6/10/2003 c1 9Misty Woods
This is really interesting. I must say that you have written an excellent poem based on rabbits' viewpoints. Knowing how animals view the world around them is a good change. It's sad how humans torture rabbits, isn't it?

I can tell you really love rabbits and nature. Me too! :)
5/17/2003 c1 19Aftertaste of a Razorblade
I like this! ^_^
5/12/2003 c1 100Devious Angel XDemon
I liked this! It was really really good. My friend would prolly sing...better not show her it **blink** ^_^;

- The right to those who wander my halls, shower me with gold and worship that of my name. I call thyself...Human.

~Engel Wachter.
4/27/2003 c1 Morgan le Fay
Folk ballad(ish)! Great! Wonderful! Obsessed folkie on the loose!

Sorry.

I liked it. Then again, I like folk ballads, so let's keep a bit of perspective here. But it was a good ballad, and I've read a lot worse. (Hark back to the infamous Poetry Club at my high school.)

I can see inspiration (be it small) from Watership Down.
4/26/2003 c1 7disheartenedwolf
Thankyou for your review, and I must say..your song is very calming and descriptive. I loved it. It kind of made me think up of my own tune to go with your lyrics. I never knew you could do so much with rabbits. Poor rabbits. poo.=(
4/25/2003 c1 Just Wolf
That was very well done. It did strongly remind me of a folk ballad, yet it was almost overpoweringly beautiful. The "we're Rabbits - we know..." worked amazingly and made some very strong ending lines.
4/17/2003 c1 32Byrdde
Well, I was playing Celtic jigs in the background when I read this and, while I'm sure it's much more upbeat than this was ever intended to be, I certainly see how well it works as a ballad. I really enjoy your style (in this as well as the other poems of yours I've read) - the flow is very original and the rhyme schemes are nicely inconspicuous.

And, oh, the poor rabbits! We have tons in our neighborhood, and I can't imagine anyone doing something like that to hurt them...:(
4/17/2003 c1 31Cindy Moon
I am so honored to have a review from someone of your age/experience. ^^ Thank you kindly, this high school student has now higher self-confidence.

"Open Unto the Fields" would actually make a great song! I tried analyzing it for more of a critique, but I'm at a loss for finding flaws. It's quite interesting when you read this piece from a more figurative perspective.

-Cindy Moon *)
4/14/2003 c1 1aleppine
This is really well-written, but then again that seems to be nothing new in your account. Use of repetition at the end of each verse is nice - 'we are rabbits - we know ... etc'. I think the main thing that strikes me about this is the idea rather than the actual writing itself ... a song about rabbits? Why hasn't anyone else done it yet?
4/8/2003 c1 18Talia Falcon
I don't even like rabbits, and I like this!
4/7/2003 c1 RainShadow2005
I'm not good at critiquing songs, so I don't have much constructive critisism for this. I liked it a lot and didn't find any rough spots. I could imagine strong-willed rabbits singing this in pride. Very good word choices.
3/30/2003 c1 12Terra Tigra
Very nice poem/song. Really great rhyme scheme and flow. Thumbs!

I love rabbits ^.^ They're so cute but this song makes me really sad. I live out in the country and I see rabbits every once in a while (sometimes you have to look hard though, hehe). I think its so great to see them but I also know that there are people who live in this area who set traps and shoot them. That makes me really sad and angery. I can tell you really love rabbits, I'm just glad someone does.

I have seen your pen name everywhere (or so it would seem) in reviews, posting, what-not. So, I thought I would come and see what you are all about. Very nice poem/song.

Arrivederci!

-Terra Tigra-
3/27/2003 c1 6Sailor Sol
Wow, this is really good. Interesting point of view, but really good!
19 Page 1 2 Next »