for Only Death Has Won

7/2/2003 c1 138Lina Inverse
This is so, so true. The "You can capture Death on camera/And show it on TV" really hit me. When I saw the war on Iraq on TV I just thought, "gr, stupid Bush, waging wars, I'm sick of this, I'm gonna go do something else." But really, showing a real war on TV is flat out disgusting.
6/3/2003 c1 JewlOfGreen
powerful, though i still support some wars.

really good rhyming, though
3/31/2003 c1 aceinit
I'd forgotten how powerful your words can be. I think you expressed exactly what a lot of people are feeling about this war, myself included. Even over here in America, we're a lot more divided than the news would lead you to believe. I definitely don't support the concept of war, but I stand firmly behind those in combat and wish them a safe return home to their loved ones. I think that's the best we can hope for. You're an amazing writer. Keep up the fantastic work.
3/24/2003 c1 20Kiora
Ay... so very very true. o_O It's interesting how you wrote it around 9/11ish and it's applying again around now. I agree completely with you in the political sense of the poem, and poetically speaking (is that a word?) your rhymes and rhythm is gorgeous- nothing sounds forced at all. Lovely work!
3/17/2003 c1 Kat
I just wanted to let you know that I really liked your poem. All my friends are pro-war, but I'm adamently against it. With all of them trying to convince me that war is good all of the time, I often begin to wonder what really is wrong with it. This poem helped to give me a reminder of why I think it's wrong, and I want to thank you for that.
3/14/2003 c1 Melanie Miller
This is beautiful! Perfect rhymes, perfect rhythm, and a great message! I agree, war is a waste of life, and only death wins.

Please, write more!
3/12/2003 c1 6Outlawed Angel of Death
nice poem, though i don't share your ideas on pacifism.

humans cant even unite, peace is another step

the waters unite, the animes unite, the land unites, but humans dont unite