for Running The Whole Gamut

3/26/2004 c1 22Turtle Queen of Freeks
It's almost romantic. Almost.
1/8/2004 c1 FantasiaFirst
It's a very good shortpiece. I can understand why it won an award. Very insightful and intelligently written. Certainly more intelligent than any piece I've written.
FantasiaFirst
10/17/2003 c1 orangefreak33
The characters are so real! Using them in another story might be nice, then we could see what happens to them.

It's humorous and deep at the same time. How you managed to pull it off is beyond me.
7/15/2003 c1 3Katiefoolery
So you like reviews. Well, I like writing them so it looks like you're in luck. Seriously, though, I really liked this story and I can see why it won you fame and fortune. It's a really sophisticated story and it shows a confident maturity. For instance, the things Iheve says at the end feel real and meaningful, instead of tacked on like something you've heard. It's great. Your mix of humour and seriousness is well balanced and I think this will serve you well in your future writing. Comedy needs tragedy just as tragedy needs comedy. (Hey, ironically, this relates to Iheve's statement about negative experiences highlighting the positive! :) ) Good work.

P.S. If you feel like writing a review yourself I wouldn't say no! :)
7/7/2003 c1 32Morbane
Definitely a gamut. It's cool and the stories in the middle are quite wacky, but cheerful too. I really like the idea of Iheve leaving school because the other people were too ditzy to. And none of them are perfect either. Sorry I'm not very good at leaving feedback. :(
6/18/2003 c1 gghgfj
o.k o.k o.k o.k o.k o.k o.k o.k o.k o.k!

Here's a review:

I liked this short story! I mean , you had the characters all written up like they were real people! Actually, Both charcters, Ivene and Crow remind me of my self in certain times in my life.

For a last thought , I think you write very good, I mean as a writer. This story was well written, I was amazed and touched.

P.s. - Hey! Could you explain waht you meant in the review about my poem " Dreamer" ?

Girl-who-sings-the-blues
6/17/2003 c1 210Kelpylion
This is fascinating. The whole fridge things brings in some comic relief, and all the philisophical musings...just lovely. My only objection is to the cutesy change in POV titles. I think the reader could tell who was thinking with just a little squiggly line, and they really seem like a cheat tactic. Very nice story though...
6/16/2003 c1 9Magentian
Aww. This is cute... I would almost ask you to continue this, but, as it makes such a splendid little short story, I'll just let you leave it at that... ^_^ I see why you won. This is a really really... 'charming' comes to mind. Yes, a charming story, despite- or maybe because of- all of the eccentricities. I love this originality that pervades the entirety of your word... it makes reading a story an entirely new experience, and I like that. In this one, in particular, I liked the little sub-headings for each character, the companionship between these two perfect strangers, and the present-tense, which, although it is rarely seen, I did not notice until just now, when I looked. Now, that's skill. ^_^ Congratulations, you've earned one person's total respect, and I'm sure I'm not the only one to say that.
6/12/2003 c1 50Rai Kamishiro
Lovely, in a simple way. I love how horribly humorus it was, then spun off in to more deep thought without an awkward phase.

Rai Kamishiro
6/11/2003 c1 7ubercognito
I was thoroughly entertained by this. Some of the ideas were a bit overused - I've heard so many people talk about The Fall actually being a good thing. But other than that...

Very sweet. Crow's calm manner and Iheve's unabashedly loud one create a wonderful contrast. I loved some of the descriptions - Yiddish sniggering and all that.

You might not like me saying so, but overall, the story was very cute.

~ubercognito
5/24/2003 c1 71Spider
This story swings very near to brilliant. I can't recall the last time I read a story this vivid in descriptions and thought processes. It was like actually being inside their heads.

All I can really say is that as a rule, I'm against present tense. It didn't detract from the story at all, yet I'm still against it. It's a personal preference. But this is beautiful writing, my hat goes off to you.
5/24/2003 c1 17Seran Perry
Would you believe it took me months to actually get round to read this all the way through? It made the ending well worth it ^_^ I thought it was a brilliant story, and I'm not surprised it won the competition. It's excellent!

Rock on and may the Force be with you
5/7/2003 c1 4Alaskan-Lone-Wolf
here's a review for ya ~_^!

Awesome job on the descritpions mygosh...everyones better at those then i am...*sighs* anyway...great plot and everything was SO well written. I can see why this story won you $50 it's well worth it.

~*~The Goddess of Night~*~
3/16/2003 c1 Kyotaka
Wow, I really liked this ficcy! You used excellent vivids and the characters were very realistic. =^_^=
3/15/2003 c1 1Duece of Spades
I can see why you won in the contest.

This peice is very philosophical in nature, and that bit about how the Fall from God is good for humanity...I've never thought of it that way before. I've always known that the bad makes the good better, but I never realized how bad could be good itself.

If that makes any sense. Which it probably doesn't, but oh well. Moving on.

Iheve is delightful, so full of contradictions herself. She's on a moral high horse about hypocrites, but is willing to steal from other people. It makes her very likeable, very realistic...very teenaged. Despite her more mature way of thinking, it's little things like that and the beautiful sound of a crumpling chip bag that shows that she really is still a kid.

Crow himself was a wonderful companion to Iheve. He's so young himself, and he's already been through that kind of betrayel. Did I even spell betrayel right? O.o

Anyway. Moving on. ^^; It was nice how he never critisized Iheve for her leaving, because he was basically doing the same thing she was, which was running away from his problems.

I think. Feel free to correct me if I'm dead wrong.

Dahm, I've rambled on for the past 15 minutes, I need to shut up! But this is one of the best pieces of original fiction I've read in a good long while, so I just felt the need to let you know how much I appreciated it. I may not have gotten it on the same level that you wrote it on, but I tried. ^_^

-Duece