for War With in The Sand

3/24/2003 c1 2RCS
A well done poem by someone who understands the way the world works. Those who believe war is never the answer is naive, almost dangerously so. Ask the concentration camp survivors in 1945 if war is never the answer. Peaceful negotiations didn't rescue those people from certain death; it took the armed might of the Allied armies to defeat the tyrannical Nazis. History has shown time and time and time again that tyrannical leaders cannot be dealt with peacefully. They must be defeated by armed might, and only after their defeat can peace be achieved. And this war DID start when the Twin Towers fell. The War on Terror is a war against all terrorism, not just Al-Qaeda. And Saddam is linked to terrorist activities.
3/16/2003 c1 Shinta
A few comments, from someone who is neutral on the war w/ Iraq issue (I really don't feel I have enough info to make the decision yet):

It is absolutely true that peace is something to be maintained, but it is also something to be created. I would not call what live in now an era of peace, but peace is certainly not found during war. However, the actions done during a war may set up the foundations for peace in the future.

How to justify war? There is no way. Bloodshed is bloodshed, no matter how you look at it, there is no justification for it. But, you have to think - if we go to war, will the world left after it is gone, be better, perhaps more secure than where we are now? If we cannot ignore costs of war, in the light of whatever will come from it, then the war is not worth it.

I completely understand that everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and in turn, I hope whoever reads this will respect mine. There are times when you simply have to agree to disagree.
3/15/2003 c1 Savak
Good poem but you made one mistake.

'The war started when the twin towers had fallen.'

Actually, Saddam Hussein had nothing to do with the September 11TH attacks. Him and Al-Qaida have actually fought each other in the past. Or maybe I entirely misunderstood the point you were trying to make.

Good poem, even if I disagree with you. ^_^
3/15/2003 c1 2Belle of the Ball
Sorry, but war is never the answer. I really don't get how people think that peace can be CREATED at all. Peace is something to be maintained, not made. Besides, war and thousands of innocent people dying doesn't exactly spell out peace for me.