for Of Mormons and Green JellO

5/21/2014 c1 1MichaeltheOne
I don't get the green jello either.

- a Mormon.
10/6/2013 c1 2MissieMaroo
Hehe, I'm familiar with the USU Jell-o Slide. Made the mistake of wearing white shorts. They were stained green permanently. Now, they're kind of a blotchy mint color. But I can confirm it; there is a lot of Green Jell-o among us Mormons. Not so much in my ward, but still a lot. And thanks for the laugh. I had to miss General Conference yesterday for a Marching Band competition and I was feeling a little down. Keep writing funny stuff like this, PLEASE. :)
11/12/2012 c1 3Hawthorn Tree
Oh my goodness, I think you might be my favorite person ever! There is a lot of green Jell-O floating around here, isn't there? My family has it every Thanksgiving, right along with out rolls. You just made my day, I'm not even kidding you.
8/6/2010 c1 7hikaxkao
This made me giggle. Up here in Northern Ontario, we don' t obsess over green jello as much, but I still see your point.
10/3/2009 c1 19Le Cosmonaute
I'm not a Mormon and I don't live in Utah, so I didn't know about this phenomenon until recently. I'm visiting right now, and everywhere I go, I see inordinate amounts of green Jell-O! I now see that it is, of course, the food of the chosen people as they crossed the country into Utah. *nods sagely* Great piece!
7/7/2009 c1 1LiberLeaderLady
That is awesome! Best theory for the Mormon adoration of green jello I've ever heard!

But you forgot Jello-Cake! If, by some odd universe-rending phenomena you aren't familiar with this Mormon staple-food, let me expound:

To make Jello-Cake you bake a vanilla cake, and wait until it cools. Then, you make up a packet of green jello. Poor the boiling mixture over the vanilla cake, and stick the pan in the fridge till the jello's become, well, jello-like.

This concoction was rampant in my Stake when I lived in North Ogden, Utah (almost rivaling funeral potatoes, if you can believe it). It's not so popular here in Riverdale, I've only seen one pan of it during all three years of living here, but in Roy and Hooper, some neighboring cities, it's still enjoying popularity.

Can't say I agree with the jello-lovers, but hey, life goes on.
6/12/2009 c1 Oboe Jenkins
Laugh out loud. I never say that because i think that it is a lie but really i did. I love this. Thank you it is so. true. We even talked about it in seminary. Oh dearie that was quite fun.
4/8/2006 c1 8Mr.M7
I know why us mormons love green Jell-o!Because it reminds us of our true lizard forms.Yeah, my uncle thinks we're lizard people, just leave it at that.
4/26/2005 c1 5mormonboy
Mormons in Kansas are obssessed with Jello too. Keep up the good work.
12/9/2004 c1 4Sing With The Elevator Music
oh my heck thats funny thank you for solving the green jell-o mystery

-Brownie
12/9/2004 c1 20Kyoku-chan
LOL...wow, THAT was probably the most entertaining thing i've read in awhile. ^.^ that was GREAT! ^.^

Love and (Green) Jell-o,Baka M.
12/23/2003 c1 196Damaged
^_^ Excommunicate you cuz you don't like green jell-o? OH, that's great .. that's very original I must say. And so is your theory. Just face it: Mormons like GREEN JELL-O .. there really doesn't have to be a reason ... and I doubt your Bishop will excommunicate you .. (yeah, I'm Mormon too).
Katrina
5/10/2003 c1 16Ayameko AiKage
This is funny! Very interesting theory. Does this really happen in Utah or are you exaggerating to make it fiction? (I guess I wouldn't be surprised if it is nonfiction, since a lot of strange things happen on this Earth.)
5/3/2003 c1 justathought
Cute and funny. You have a real knack for storytelling. :) Looking forward to more!
4/12/2003 c1 LizaLiza
You mormonites and your jello ;D
20 Page 1 2 Next »