for America

9/3/2003 c1 Anonymous
You're a racist. That part about the 'White Christians' was just the same as calling someone a 'Negro Pagan'.
5/20/2003 c1 9Lonestar Sweetheart
Powerful and tragic. I love it. Well, the war in Iraq is over now but it still feels like voice of the people is lost in the midst.
4/27/2003 c1 27Loganberry
I'm reading this after the war, and I'm not an American. But still, I think the most pertinent comment is something someone said in an email a while ago: "I guess I love my country too much to be a patriot."
4/17/2003 c1 Da Muff'n Man
I like to think we existed, but...hmm, let me put it to you this way...

During World War Two, I am absolutely convinced that our actions were noble and good. We were going to put an end to the most insane, horrifying oppression ever imagined. We were going to fight against hate itself, it seemed.

But at the same time, we made internment camps...

America always risks becoming the very things it is fighting against...why, I dont know.
4/4/2003 c1 10Jaig
America

What happened to YOU?
3/26/2003 c1 3L. E. Madison
This is very very depressing. Are you sure you hare your own country this much? I don't like the White Christians bit. I find it offensive, actually. But it's your poem. Interesting.
3/25/2003 c1 The Jack of Spades too lazy to sign in
I hear ya. Very good poem.
3/24/2003 c1 5JDLawrence
Great ending! Sad, but full of truth: Maybe America was never this great, maybe it was always a mirrage, an illusion of the mind. Maybe it was always this corrupted and arrogant, mindless and yet vengeful. Still, I like to think that some Americans are aware and up to date on what's going on, maybe they will help the rest of their country!
3/23/2003 c1 126lili brik
i think the last line is true-the rest is great, as well.