for Reptile

10/15/2003 c1 148JJR Meerraf
I'm not really sure what this is about, but I did really like it. I loved the imagery, as abstract as it was. Great work!
10/10/2003 c1 CRiedD
this is wierd... i actually dont get your poem... that is so wierd... sounds good though...
5/30/2003 c1 34Smoky Bear
this is about depression isn't it.

"smile when i eat, frown when i get up" illustrates that going-through-the motions-thing that we do. and that need for rescue from our inner demons, symbolised by the serpent. also that incessant longing for reassurance and comfort is captured throughout the poem, particulary in the last stanza. the line "pretend you aren't lying" signifys the negativity that continues to eat away when help is at hand...

...this has turned into a bit of an essay... great job! xbearx
5/19/2003 c1 40Special K Birmingham
I can just see the serpent being cut out of someone and then them being sown back up. Genius.

Keri
4/19/2003 c1 4SpikeSpiegelfan
I liked this one alot. I am glad I read it.
4/10/2003 c1 38Shadafakup
Cool.. I really liked the imagery.. Erm.. Im not sure how to interpret it but that's the best part isnt it.. its just... Really really nice.. I cant describe it.. Wonderful..
3/31/2003 c1 22MadMorrow
That's a really great poem. I can see a few different ways to interpret it, but it's probably more powerful without knowing completely what it's about.
3/30/2003 c1 219RNL