for my best friend

7/6/2011 c1 StalkerFan
Beauutifull. You've got me. Great wrting.
6/10/2009 c1 LittleMissAiLy
Even though I knew how the ending would be - had to be - I kept trying to hold out for the best, hoping that he gets to him in time and that it would really be okay. And in the back of my mind, my little fluff-fiend is making up fake stories about how this is just a bad dream and that he gets off the plane and runs to the house and finds that everything is fine. I feel such a great feeling of sympathy for him, and we don't even know anything about him. He could actually be a horrible friend but still my heart goes out to him.

The writing is very neat, concise, perfect. The insertion of the repeated line keeps the pace steady and yet also ebbs and flows - builds and collapses - with meaning through each little bit. It's beautiful, really.

I've read a bunch of your other stories as well, but this was the only one I'm not too lazy to review.
8/23/2003 c1 11Anoyo
Maybe it's because it's so late at night. Maybe it's because that kind of story just hits a spot in me. And maybe it's just becuase the form of your writing is so fluid and solid and real that that touched me quite a bit. The formatting and the idea were nothing to the feeling that the content just projected: a feeling of helplessness, love, loss, and denial. Very great job.

Ann
6/27/2003 c1 2LoveSasa
Damn. Its not often that a story makes me shiver, much less makes me cry. This one did the trick.

~Mizery Rose~
5/27/2003 c1 19NotEnough
I cried at this. I couldn't help it. I never cry at stories...but this, how you describe what happened, how he's feeling...how he feels. Well it was all too much. And knowing that if he had just been there to answer the phone...It's so unbelievably sad. The ending was the worst part...The poor guy...oh it's amazing.
4/13/2003 c1 Tiane
*flatly* I cried. Again. And I mispelled the word "cried" four times while reviewing this and had to re-type.

And it's a fitting ending.

Please find an agent and publish. Your writing is too good and too true to be left to languish here.
4/12/2003 c1 leaf
I can honestly say this is one of the most depressing stories i have read, along with 'your best friend.' They are both completely amazing, they actually make me want to scream at my computer and tell them what to do just so neither of the events have to happen. I love it.
4/12/2003 c1 6Jennifer L. Rawles