for A Modest Proposal

2/1/2007 c1 Je ne sais pas
Your essay was great! Good work!
8/30/2006 c1 6Crewger
love it...
8/27/2004 c1 1JD Kennedy
This is just f*n hilarious, I actually found myself visualling President Bush reading this out at a podium, declaring his plans for the world. Brilliant, and how like a politician to bring Marilyn Manson into the frame, great! Kudos, Well-done, and...let me think...thumbs up!
~ JD
7/12/2004 c1 2angelus cado
I was browsing through your profile on the recommendation of Agent Slayer (I trust his judgement, which is weird because I don't know him), and when I saw the title for this, I just had to read it. The work by Johnathan Swift by the same name is one of my favourite satires, so I had to see if this one would tickle my fancy in the same way. Safe to say, I enjoyed it thoroughly; your suggestions were so outrageous and they brought attention to the absurdity of the global problems, much like Swift did in his piece. I really hope that you keep writing, and I'll read some more of your work soon.
6/29/2004 c1 WingsOfDarkness
*Writes down the superb plan and builds a place to shelter himself and some women* All i need then is a airplane ticket to Australia so taht i can rule the last ones standing...and thus the WORLD
Great written, i was awfully amused when you mentioned the lesser races! ^^
Kudos
3/21/2004 c1 7Haku
Do you really think you're clever because you're writing this? Hatred won't be abolished by war - War will simply spawn more hatred. Who the Hell are you? Adolf Hitler?
(Sorry if I'm ranting, but my Grandmother was Irish and I felt perticularly pissed off when you reffered to her nationality as a lesser race.)
12/10/2003 c1 1StormyBelle
You know, I laughed at first, and then I realized how exactly like that our world is. A very mocking and cynical look at the foreign relations which are sadly true. Trust me, I've almost got my BA in history. Yes, the history of our world can turn even the brightest person into a bitter cynic. Oh, and "Jerry Falwell said ..." Stupid idiot. I totally agree. Thanks.Truly.
8/15/2003 c1 445Zilindico
This is Grade A stuff. You mimicked Swift's satire perfectly, though, just like his "Modest Proposal", this one turned my stomach as well after awhile, but I guess that's the intended effect anyway. This is definitely a good piece of literature, and I'd give ya an award if I could. ^_^
8/14/2003 c1 7Lady Sage
Yikes! Juvenalian satire at its best. A "Modest Proposal", indeed.

Koukris needs to stop taking things so seriously...
7/3/2003 c1 34jevn
I new it was coming but it was still great when it did.
7/1/2003 c1 Hinkle
The original "A Modest Proposal" by Jonathan Swift is my favourite satire of all time. This parody of it is definitely worthy of sharing the title. An excellent piece of work! I'm definitely adding it to my favourite stories.
6/30/2003 c1 x
This is GREAT! I love it! Hahahahahahaha! Makes you think twice about this stupid war.
6/19/2003 c1 Trig
Well...I suppose that would work. But the way I see it is they only way to stop it all...I mean stop it all is for the world to end. Nothing living afterwords. We never deserved this good Earth and we never shall. The human race will end for we are the creators and the destoyers. No one shall live forever.
6/10/2003 c1 Cassandra Lunar
Real funny, for its politically uncorrectness. I tried to hold my laughter, but lost control somewhere near Japan's superior technology.

Though I'm pretty sure the French wouldn't be supported by the rest of us without a EU (European Union)army, or at least with the exceptions of Poland (who by then will have joined the EU), the UK, Spain and Holland.

By the way, after this human-race-icide, when the world is a barren, radio-active wasteland filled with mutated lizards the size of Godzilla and giant birds the size of a Tyrannosaurus Rex, what will be left alive?

I mean, surely the polar caps will have melted, and most our country - which will have suffered absolutely no damage 'cause there ain't nothing to bomb - will have drowned, and Australia will suddenly have become a fertile land. Wouldn't any survivors there die of mass heart-attacks, leaving the only humans left in the world to be Kiwi's?

PS. I have no life, and all the time in the world, yeah.

Cassandra Lunar
6/4/2003 c1 Koukris
I totally disagree with your "plan." Who are you to think that this stupid plan would work? Not to be rude, but this is the stupidest thing I've ever heard of! Okay, first of all, if people start destroying each other, it is not going to accomplish anything. Anyways hatred and racism are human nature; there is always something wrong with somebody even if there is only one kind of race on the whole planet! Nobody can change it! I don't know who you are or what kind of an education you have, you are just plain racist yourself. If we are ever going to destroy anybody, it is the people who think like you. If we are ever going to establish world peace, it is through education, peace, and open-mindness. I am very sorry, but I disagree with your ideals. I believe that world peace is only established through the destrution of ignorance and the birth of acceptance.
21 Page 1 2 Next »