for That Nature Yet Remembers

8/12/2018 c1 john lenin
more of the sex plz
11/7/2004 c1 Hereward the White
Frithrah! I am both a fan of Watership Down and a fan of Gulliver's Travels; your poem here has an air that reminds me of gulliver at the end of Part four in the book! It's how you are able to hold deep conversations with rabbits and refer to yourself as one of them. Next thing you know you'll be telling me that there's no Lapine word for 'lie'.
10/17/2003 c1 6Evil-Frolicing-Angel
Nothing much to say but...

FROLIC! FROLIC! FROLIC!
8/22/2003 c1 28Spector'sGirl
Wow! I'd never even thought of what life for a rabbit might be like, because as you might have guessed from the many references in my poetry I identify more with preadatory animals. "And fox's breath - the stench of death" was such a perfect description for that feeling.
8/21/2003 c1 220Namir Swiftpaw
I love it! I have always wanted to write a poem about my were side, but I don't think I could ever put it into words as lovely as this. You are a brilliant writer! Don't ever stop!

~Namir Swiftpaw
6/7/2003 c1 37Animagess
Has potential, but the rhyme scheme condemns it to the status of "cute".

What's a 'Hiawatha'?, anyway?
6/6/2003 c1 Magdalen
usually i do not like rhyming, so i feel that the way you've applied it is very remarkable and fitting, wonderful in fact, i am in awe...i love your poem and give all encouragement.
5/31/2003 c1 40Special K Birmingham
Wow, what a break from reading rhyming poetry where the rhymes are so forced. They just seem to come naturally, and there is nothing here I can dispute as being the wrong word, which I tend to do.

Keri

P.s. I guess biology is useful, because I actually understood what a phenotype is and have seen it used in context. Isn't that marvellous?
5/24/2003 c1 45Dark Angel The Temptress
this is an amzing poem! i love the rhyme scheme, it flows very nicely. great work!
5/8/2003 c1 RainShadow2005
To look at this poem I'd never think that it's an older one. It seems to have all the same wisdom and passion as your other fur posts. It's very inspiring that you have this connectedness and that it's so enduring. Great image about how you wish you had a rabbit phenotype but that you really have a human phenotype. Yeah, you're right...what's written in your genes (genotype for you readers who don't know) and what shows outwardly (phenotype) is not always the same. We actually just exchanged a few emails over just that... ;-)

This was a well done poem.
5/6/2003 c1 20Once in a blue moon
Very nifty!

Old poems are somethimes the best - and this certianly is an example of it. You found a less obvious way of rhyming than, for example: bunny and sunny, or something equally boring never showed up. Good job!
5/2/2003 c1 Cherub of the Gutter
The rhyme scheme on this was very good! You also expressed some interesting opinions that I haven't heard before. All in all, very enlightening. Have you read WATERSHIP DOWN, by Richard Adams?
4/30/2003 c1 5Lavender Lucy
Wow! Great poem! I usually find it hard to make my own poems rhyme. I think you've done such a great job, making this poem so deep, poetic and even rhyme.
4/30/2003 c1 6Belle the Shadow-Cat
I probably should have reviewed sooner, oh well. A very nice poem, and a nice rhyming scheme. I could definatly catch some of the Watership down references. I still have yet to check out your FF.net, but i shall get to them.

Belle
4/30/2003 c1 17VladimirsAngel
Very nice. Loved the rhyme scheme.This line in particular: "No longer paws nor needle claws...But human hands instead" I know that feeling.

Oh *aside* and I'm sorry I said bunnies were cute. I've known a fair amount of rabbits in my time that have done just the thing you describe - attempting, usually, to disembowel my arm - and you gain a healthy respect for the little guys after that sort of experience ^_^
21 Page 1 2 Next »