for Depression?

10/5/2006 c1 GrungeIsDead
Ugh, have been feeling like this far too much lately. Comedies rock. usic helps me more though. Lovely.
9/7/2006 c1 29annihilator of the faceless
All right, you are a talented poet and I liked your style, but I must disagree a bit with your advice.Joke books and comedies are corporate prepackaged doses of "happiness," and are really sugar coated nothing. Being told to "be strong" only reinforces that the afflicted person is problem riddled in some way. That doesn't help. Now, I wouldn't criticize these if I didn't have some ideas. The solution is to find a group of people that are not airhead-happy, but can relate to one and have a terrific sense of humor as well. Next, find a place where you have to hide none of yourself-absolutely nothing. Third, make sure you and said people become a combination of sleep-deprived and high on caffeine, until you all are out of your minds, and laugh. Laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh. If one seeks this, one will find that the depression has fled. From experience, I know this works, I used to be this person, and all fifteen tales of morbidity attest to it, but now the final chapter has been set and I've been cured. Take waves of revelry over grains of truth, even if you are naturally honest, and happiness will result.THIS IS NOT A FLAME- please don't treat it like that. And on a final note, I love your name.
2/5/2004 c1 8Bleeding-Gemstone
I'm crying. The tears aren't falling, but I know they're there. You're an incredible writer. Keep writing. It helps.. I promise.
12/18/2003 c1 7ku
i really don't like the solution you offer for depression: read joke books, watch comedies... i call it intentional self-deception. i see depression and sadness as a moment of enlightenment, of finally seeing beyond illusions and reaching the harsh, sad reality of life.
8/11/2003 c1 7Dark Hamadryad
I like the message it sends.

~Luna
7/15/2003 c1 40R. Blade
this was really good. i got ur name from a former review u sent to someone and im glad i checked u out. i am usually depressed. and i found a way to ease it... but even that wont last long. keep it up!

~scars~
6/13/2003 c1 148Dystorque
I get depressive moods a little too often... This is such a nice thing I could read when I feel sad.
5/30/2003 c1 98Not Just a Little Girl
O i definately like this one -it made me smile. great work!
5/23/2003 c1 12Silverlight Elf
This is awsume, exactly how I feel.
5/22/2003 c1 The Black Rider
Like many of your finest (and this is no exception), it has an excellent urban feel to it mixed with a haunting beauty, something only you can execute flawlessly. Great job on the poem.
5/20/2003 c1 Deana Bell
This is so true! It's really encouraging.

~God bless~
5/20/2003 c1 62Twistedlyinsane
You really can explain it.^_^Keep up the great work.
5/18/2003 c1 1Jimmy Jazz
:), the end made me smile, excellent job here.
5/17/2003 c1 28ChaoxAngel

Needn't force a smile,

Just walk that mile.

Able to accept pain,

suffering is no more.

So when you walked that mile,

You'd surely end up a smile.

:o)