for White Satin

12/13/2006 c1 2beyond.that.horizon
effing beautiful.
7/23/2006 c1 1thestonedfox
I could read this over and over again and never get tired of it. There are so many beautiful lines, but I loved " I’m the Clash, clash clash clash like cymbals and no, Joe, you’re not dead, because I don’t know you."

Gorgeous.
1/14/2006 c1 the naked civil servant
SO FUCKING POWERFUL. and i'm sorry, but i'm IN LOVE with the line "I’m the Clash, clash clash clash like cymbals and no, Joe, you’re not dead, because I don’t know you."...
1/4/2006 c1 47like a lover
like nothing else.
10/21/2005 c1 The Watched again. Noticed something else
I was just rereading this (again) and had to point out what I realised: I love its imperfection.

And that isn't a veiled insult. The first stanza, to me, IS perfection in the fact that it's imperfect, that you mention things (slash) and people (Billy Martin) that not everyone knows, thereby cutting down your target audience...but at the same time, if you DO know them, you know that a) the points you make are absolutely one hundred percent correct, and b) you feel like you're in some sort of exclusive 'club' because you know the meaning of this poem...it's absolutely amazing. And the line "I'm the Clash, clash clash clash like cymbals and no, Joe, you're not dead, because I don't know you" was one of the most heart-rending lines I have ever read, for some reason.

Whew. Amazing. Again.
8/26/2005 c1 addie pray
Interesting style. I loved the leather/cigarettes/men and cold nights line. The imagery rocks the casbah (lovelovelove The Clash).
8/7/2005 c1 34Ethereal Kisses
Hey,

This poem rocks and the structure is unlike anything I've ever seen before. It has so much meaning and then none at all. You've broken every bit of meaningless praise I could have given you. I loved it.
7/12/2005 c1 1l'orage d'absinthe
that is a gorgeous, gorgeous poem. I loved it, and especially the line: 'the anti-fairydustedrosepetals'excellent writing.
7/11/2005 c1 55The Watched
Beautiful. Absolutely fucking beautiful. Makes me feel gloriously inept. Has some sort of artistsic yet gritty feel to it that's just...wow. Breathtaking.
6/10/2005 c1 love me crayzie inanutshellkizz
you know, i had...*laughs at self*. i had the line "sexiness is the ...blabla." in my head. the be-eyelinered part stuck out. i had it repeating over and over in my head ever since i met this guy...well..not important. mostly, i found it odd that the line impacted me and stayed stuck in my brain for, what? a year? well, i dont believe i ever actually read your peice until now. and i love. especially the end.keep writing please.

-summs
1/13/2005 c1 9only weekdays
i dont know what to say - everyone has said everything else.

(would just telling you i loved it be enough?)
9/22/2004 c1 27solitaire-for-two
you are fabulous.
i have never read more orignial poetry with such a free spirit surrounding it.
8/13/2004 c1 3Oriole
that is so deeply beautiful! so creatively random... haha i LOVE it!
6/20/2004 c1 123breakdown in the waiting room
I love poetry with descriptions about the one speaking (author or character). I love seeing how that person perceives themself and what they are. You chose words so fantastically- they all slide together with such ease, especially the stream-of-consciousness bit at the end. This wreaks well-needed psychological havoc.
Love it.
-Jess
6/7/2004 c1 37wingless
i love this. i love how freely it flows, your writing is beautiful. you don't overexplain things too much. just phrases, emotions, leave it at that.
i like the pop-culture references they make your work seem more human. your very very talented
31 Page 1 .. Last Next »