for THE DEATH OF RELIGION

1/9/2005 c1 213Siph Speigel
Oh for the love of (dare I say it?) God.

In the nicest way I can possibly put this, your story was nothing but a raving rant pointed at an undeserving crowd of people, which you so elequently generalized in a disgusting Holocaustic war scene.

Ironic, isnt it, that "your character" dreams of Utopia, while all the while "he" pump round after round into the peaceful nonviolent Christians before him.

There are strong enough words to describe what you've done here, so I'll just leave it at that.

Just please, dont talk about forced opinions if you're going to write about killing those who do not conform to yours.
6/19/2003 c1 96Kenske
I guess you already know that this is getting you the attention you wanted. As for the story its self, I understand its a prolouge, but maybe a little more detail of whats happening? There's nothing really exciting happening to make people read (besides the fact of your opinions expressed in hear are enough). Besides that...I hope you love this attention! Because your certainly getting it.
4/26/2003 c1 1muwasser
I'm confused. Are you a right-winger writing yet another didactic "Oh no! Vegan/pacifist death squads are coming for us!" story ala Ayn Rand, or a leftie with serious issues?
9/15/2001 c1 5Conrad Roberts
I guess I best respond to all of these. Reviews. YES, THIS IS ENTERTAINMENT. In the full novella the true message is revealed. The about the author is a non-serious exxageration.
4/27/2001 c1 A
::Yawn::
2/26/2001 c1 noyb
I would like you to realize something before you read my opinion and hope that you won't scoff at it and not read. I'm not a devote or orthodox religious person. I only believe in what I know to be true: people can be good wonderful creatures and they are also capable of extreme hatred and harm towards one another.

i know this is a story and may have been written for people's entertainment, but it may be an expression of your views(I suppose it's more the latter than the former). I have no problem with atheism or any other beleif, but I have a problem with people becoming so liberal *or* conservative they don't listen rationally to other's ideas or respect their beliefs.Extremism of any kind is bad for society and you become like those ulta conservative Christians that you apperntly despise when you think that they should all be wiped out. I dislike their beliefs and some of their practices as well, but as long as they aren't ruling the world I accept them. I realize religions have their bad points but they also have their merits-like the whole no killing thing. I know people have a tendency to do something terrible and atrocious in the name of their god but that does not justify doing something equally atrocious to them. Your story sounds errily similar to Hitler's teachings. He too was an atheist and obviously an extremist and surely you cannot by any means justify a holocaust being the logical person you are. Also being the logical person you are how can you dislike (or kill) someone simply because they believe in a heaven or hell? What do you find so decpicable about people having hope of something after death even if it is just to comfort themselves? WHAT on earth can you find wrong or harmful in that? Where is the logic in disliking someone because of their beliefs? That very attribute is one of the greatest problems society has faced and no utopia can come from it. The only way there will ever be a utopian society is if people would respect each other and it is an ufortunate flaw of human character that we cannot. Thank you for your time.
1/2/2001 c1 GwydionBoy
I thought that your story about the abolition of religion was interesting. But, I think this story comes, not more from logic, but your deep-seeded hate for religion as a whole. Because, if you would look more closely, most of the religions of the world teach love...and just because they don't like to conform to *your* idea of logic and reason, doesn't mean that they are doing harm to the world. Besides, I wouldn't expect you to believe that you have everything so figured out that you would want everyone to think like you...right? But, over-all, I think it was a good story...just not realistic or warrented in today's society. (Buddhism doesn't even embrace deity, leave them alone. *smile*)
12/24/2000 c1 Chronic
Wow. That was amazing. I loved it. I'm still in shock, so that's all I can say.
12/7/2000 c1 8SugarMagnolia
Your on my , Why? No, for real, I guess I can respect your beliefs, not many respect mine. The story would be good, but uh, watch what you wish for, you just might get it.