for Forgive Me Father

5/8/2005 c1 1retaliation
That was beautiful, well-written, lovely, heartfelt, moving, emotional, wonderful, sweet, touching, great, amazing, fantastic, angelic, smooth, and basically any other word you can think of that compliments it! I love it!
1/4/2004 c1 3Noxious Love
I'm an Atheist, so I don't believe in any divine form, but this was really good. It gave the sense that it was wrong - but it was still going to happen no matter what. Great job.
-gives cookie- Worship the cookie. ^_^
12/30/2003 c1 19efp444
Wow. I REALLY liked this a lot :) Please read and review my story! It's theme runs along the same lines...
You should read this: http:/w.affirmation.org/chapters/what_do_the_scriptures_really_say.asp It's about what the Bible really might say about homosexuality. It was written for Mormons, but it works for any Christian religion ~
Anywho, best of luck writing in the future, and with your love :)
*Ghosty
12/21/2003 c1 6Furnace Creek
Great poem! I especially like the end, where you repeat your first sentences... The feeling I had when I read this poem, is only strengthened.
I'm thankful to live in the Netherlands, most Dutch people think of gays and lesbians as just people, like everybody else. It's absolutely no problem to hold hands in public or anything.
So, good job! I'll review more of your stuff soon!
Michelle
10/19/2003 c1 Strayct
powerful, I like the vibe it gives. like you think its wrong, but you dont.. ( I am cryptic again)

I beleave in a God that doesnt judge you for your gender prefrence,
10/11/2003 c1 84Jaclyn
Oh, CC, *whoa* - this is gorgeous and brittle and transcends mere words.

I personally happen to be straight, but as you said, I don't see how any love could be "wrong." (great line)

From a technical POV, I absolutely ADORE the repitition and the use of parentheses. I write like that too :) This piece...the way the narrator is happy with her choice, happy with the future she's going to make her own...yet at the same time, she's still asking for forgiveness in the back of her mind. -and our nights wrapped in one anothers's arms.. (forgive me father..)- I just love that. And I totally didn't express it well; sorry about that :(

Dual longings, written so beautifully. *hugs you* Three years I've been posting on FFN, and I've never seen any author I love as much as you.
8/3/2003 c1 2TonyStephen
CC,

I like your poem a lot. I can relate, which I'm sure is part of it but the gay issue aside, your poem is very well-written. I particularly like the rythm established with the repetition of "Forgive me father . . . "

Have you considered writing a sequel, with the theme of "I Am Forgiven" or similar. That is, if you feel that way, which I hope you do. My God doesn't believe that gender matters, it's the love that matters. I can't believe in a God that hates. It goes against the definition that "God is Love." Are you listening, hate-filled religious people?

Thank you for your courage. I think you are beautiful.

Love,

Tony
6/22/2003 c1 1Stacy Janice Elton
Kami..

This is so so sad yet sweet... I'm personally a sratght girl,who adores slash (gay) pairings in japanese mangas and Harry Potter..Not to mention in real life. XD.

This is just plain sweet.

^_^

Good Luck! ^^

Seteshi-chan
6/20/2003 c1 CrimsonIce
Very nice Cat - well written.

I cannot say more.

-Ice
6/17/2003 c1 126lili brik
I've never had any sort of lesbian leanings but nonetheless I could definitely feel the emotion in this...and it was very beautifully done.Excellent work.
6/16/2003 c1 16Chrissy444
I like this one better tho... very good! Nothin much to say bout it... it's just... wow... really good.

Dream
6/16/2003 c1 361Gleechumber
You really want my honest opinion on this?

I think it is one of the most beautiful things I have ever read. And that's the truth.

You really have talent. Use it!
6/16/2003 c1 michelle
This is by far the best thing I have ever read by you. The price that is paid for happiness with personal persecution is worth is ten folds.
6/15/2003 c1 Syshe too lazy to sign in
This was pure good. I can really understand how the narrator felt, since I have friends that are gay, or lesbians, and how religion (especially that of the Catholic Church) can be kind of looming over your head, even though you know what you want and that it's who you are. Very good; keep up the good work.
6/15/2003 c1 7Monomania