for Why Conform?

8/6/2004 c1 10End Of The Innocence
I used to be A Beautiful Mind...thank you for your reviews.
My stuff is better now...so yeah. A lot better than my reviews.
The sentiment of this poem rocks. The only thing is you have an awesome rhyme scheme until the last few lines. Fix that and you got a kick ass poem here.
1/20/2004 c1 20DemonGaz
O I love it ^^
^_^D^_^E^_^M^_^O^_^N^_^G^_^A^_^Z^_^
12/18/2003 c1 7ku
conformity is something innate in humans. there's pretty much nothing anyone can do about it.
there are heaps of conformity quotes in my stories:
"we apply labels to others. we apply labels to ourselves. we change our labels not to fit ourselves but change ourselves to fit our labels."
"conformity is the ultimate form of self-sacrifice...conformity is peace."
"don't fight the urge to conform. you can't win."
12/8/2003 c1 17And Emo is Cliche
Wow..thats really great... I feel like that everyday.. though I dont conform! Anyways... It's Silverlight Elf Rencarnated! Anyways this is my new thing and I'm trying to get this thing to let me put up my poetry again.. I'll read mmore! Later
11/29/2003 c1 210Kelpylion
woot to that! There's a saying..."When people are free to act as they please, they usually act exactly the same."
It's pathetic, but true, so I say kudos to anyone who doesn't feel like blending in.
8/11/2003 c1 7Dark Hamadryad
I totally agree with you. I hate it when people change themselves to fit in with other people's definition of 'cool.'

~Luna
7/9/2003 c1 12Lady Estra
I'm always feeling like the "freak" or "outcast" I get hell for it, read my poem "Thankyou" and you'll see what I mean!

~*LadyEstra*~

PS It's cool to be different...as my mate Jess says (and I'm sure many other people do!) "You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same" or the slightly different take from another mate of mine..."yes, let's be different. Just like everyone else" yeah. right...sorry!
7/4/2003 c1 9Total Confusion
I agree with your motto. Great peom!
7/3/2003 c1 74lacking motivation
its beautiful in it's own right. really lovely
6/28/2003 c1 98Not Just a Little Girl
Wowee! Love this one Lyria, and it rhymes! **jaw drops** and it works really well, so you're evil :D
6/27/2003 c1 292Fabian Cortez
I found this one particularly interesting not just because of it's message that stands on its own merit, but also because the structure reminds me of some of my own work. Great work as always!

FC
6/27/2003 c1 PainKiller
Excellent message, which you conveyed very well, and artisically. Great first stanza. Very clean writing. Keep writing.
6/25/2003 c1 The Black Rider
Lyria, this poem expresses everything I stand for. Great job.
6/23/2003 c1 176DefianceIsMe
I really liked that word generic...it describes them to a T. Great job. ^_^
6/23/2003 c1 1Jimmy Jazz
Yeah! Another brill poem, and excellent motto. Yeah! To Hell with conformity! Great idea. Excellent work.
18 Page 1 2 Next »