for ClickClack

6/29/2003 c1 Padraig Donnelly
I'm a very big fan of this story. Hopefully I'll get the time to read the rest of your work, but this bodes well. Very nice.
6/24/2003 c1 24greenzzz
liked this!*smiles*

greenz
10/22/2002 c1 5Smenzer
Oooooohhh! That was SO good and very well thought out! Having those nasty creatures going after the people at the festival is far worse than eating the sherrif! Great job! I look forward to reading more of your stories!
8/12/2002 c1 unclepauly
This story has elements of Stephen King, reminds me of his short story The Mist. The whole idea was cool and the characters were nicely fleshed out.
3/18/2002 c1 3LMCline
This was really good. Have you been formally published? If not, I would suggest sumbitting to the magazine: 'Cemetary Dance'.
1/19/2002 c1 48Gutter Rat
Spiders... I never liked them. Weird mutant spiders I like even less. The story was great, though.
8/10/2001 c1 9Panuru
Brian (L.E. Lamkin) has been lovingly referring to you as the Big Daddy of the horror board, so of course I had to poke my nose in and see what all the fuss was about. He recommended Nightfall. I don't know why I chose CLICK-CLACK. Perhaps those big capital letters seduced me. Anywho, I absolutely adore the ending and I'm still not quite sure why. The sense that everything had stopped was so sudden and saturating that I could feel a little breeze sweeping over Addison. Um... everything else I found pretty generic and conventional, with elements from The Blob, The Fly and Resident ev. But I *really* like the ending.
6/22/2001 c1 2Off Whitey
Nice story. I like cliffhanger endings. And that poor deputy... what an unlucky bastard. Keep up the good work. It's fun.
3/17/2001 c1 1Gunn
I really enjoyed this one. It could have been bogged down in lengthy explanations but instead you went for an entertaining story with that wonderful open ending. Bravo.
1/19/2001 c1 Kei
That was an interesting story, suspenseful and creative. Keep writing, because I want to read more.
12/29/2000 c1 Sanjuro
I really have to hand it to you, you have a knack for manipulting a readers emotions. That's what a good writer can do. I just love that about your stories. It's becoming a bad habit of mine giving you good reviews. I worked hard to build up my rep of being a total about reviewing, then you come along and mess up everything. Anyway, like always, there are very few technical details I can fault you on in this story. Kudos on not over explaining the creatures. Their origins don't make the story. Kudos again on examinig the sheriff. It gave the story humanity. Somethiong that is so important; otherwise how can the reader relate? (Can you telling I'm stretching this until I find a gripe?)Good visualization, good characterization, good pacing, good flow, good story. Well, what can I say? I looked and looked and looked again; can't find one significant gripe. Damn! Well, Congrats Bill, you are the first writer ever to get a 10 of 10 out of me. Yes, yes you should feel very honored and all that entails. ;-)
12/20/2000 c1 Razorwire Tightrope
If this is one of the autor's first efforts he is truly someone who with a little work and I mean very little could find him/herself published. The work itself is a little drawn out in the beginning - setting of the scene and character description. Unlike some of the other reviews I don't believe this to necessarily be a fault - gore is easy, any real horror requires a sense of supsense. Inserting the fantastic and grotesque into the every day is the essence of good horror and this author uses it to some effect. If anything I would take issue with is the creatures are too quickly brought out into the light and the general solution to the hero's problem to easily solved. If anything the author should stretch the character and scene development to make the story truly horrifying when things start to happen, then unleash the dog of war or "man-spiders" in this case. If you like Crawford and Lovecraft this is the kind of fledgling author you should take heart (your own, not someone else's) in seeing start a body of work. It's not Crawford or Lovecraft, yet, but give the author sometime and who knows what dark backstreets you could be lead down.
12/10/2000 c1 Scott Timms
Cool horror story. Pretty inventive too. Only critisism is it took quite a while to get to the actual story. Most short stories don't have to set the scene as much as this one did. Anyway once it got into the action it was great. A sense of tension too cause I didn't know whether the sherrif would survive until the very end.
12/8/2000 c1 2HighWind71587
oh man! That was so good! GOd, you had me so freaked with all the details. I loved the part about the green cocoon like thing, and the way that you slowly described how the everything was not right at Bio-Med. That sounds like something from out of Resident Evil. Very chilling. Maybe you should write a sequel. That would be really funky, and then you could describe how the creatures came to be. I totally dug the way that you only had two characters instead of having a million that the readers lose track of. I totally liked the title, at first I couldn't get it, but after reading the story, I did. (duh) Just to tell you, I am adding this to my fav. section. Well, anyway, I think that you have a lot of talent, and I'd love to see more of your work!
29 « Prev Page 1 2