for The Vandal

12/4/2006 c1 6A.K.A. Writer's Block
i sort of just might lvoe that.

i really can understand that-

there is that perfect, lovely beauty that just makes you itch, and you still love it. however.

you want to make people feel you, even if they dont know that it is you.
10/20/2003 c1 orangefreak33
It seems like the author is...afraid, almost, of the purity. "is enough to send a soul straight to heaven" Sounds like they see this as a bad thing. Also, they seem to see it as a blank canvas.
8/2/2003 c1 32Morbane
I'm left wondering just what the attitude is here - I may not be reading it well enough, but it seems so carefully neutral/subtle. To me you seem to hint that vandals see the beauty even more keenly than other people, because I would never see a school as somewhere with 'pristine and graceful people', where 'ugliness cannot unfold'. But here, the person is really well-tuned to beauty. Whiteness could be 'stark' but is 'pure', things are 'undisturbed' rather than 'empty' or 'lifeless'. Of course, I'm contrasting with excessively negative views, but most people, I'd think, would see parts of both the beauty and ugliness of their surroundings.

The final line seems kinda pitiful, sad - someone out alone a bit. The 'yes but' is not so much of an argument, or dismissal, but a plea for an exception, a plea not to be misinterpreted? I'm not sure. But I like this.
7/6/2003 c1 106cosmo-queen
Very well-written poem. This was meaningful and deep, especially the last line. Great work, keep writing :)

*cosmo-queen*
6/30/2003 c1 9Magentian
Wow. I never knew bathroom stalls could be so beautifully extolled. ^_^ Seriously, all laughing aside, this seems to belong in the "life" section... it describes all kinds of vandalism so wonderfully... hell, it describes all life wonderfully. I completely know what you mean... the most beautiful things in the world, and we have to leave our mark on them, have to make a difference, whether it's positive or negative... now you're getting me thinking. I like to think. ^_^ Good job! I love the way your mind works.
6/27/2003 c1 9Chihuahua
I think you probably spoke for the general consensus of vandals out there! ;-)

It was very well written, with that very nicely put last line.

Keep writing!