for Oh! Super Shukumorinebanzai no Chikara Love Apples

8/8/2009 c1 Megyan
This is so funny, it's really well done, I love it! Hehe, great Western Otaku dictionary thing, I laughed so hard! Just all round great, Please update! Keep writing!
8/5/2004 c1 OverweightShinobi
minna-san konnichiwa chan kawaii! It sounds SO japanese! Hello, I am perky! SOUNDS JUST LIKE DA REAL THINGS!
2/11/2004 c1 1Corisu Li
XD Hilarious! I especially liked the.. odd.. characterization. It makes me think that some 'Western Otakus' actually take hints from your little guide... *snorts* Love Apples... priceless! ^_^
1/15/2004 c1 Maru
The japanese word for youre welcome is dou itashimashite.
1/12/2004 c1 29dawningfear
Yay code-mixing!
To mess about with words in everyday speech is great fun... when you know what you're saying...
Funny western culture... Manga writing reminds me of a shirt that was on sale in a mainstream-clothing-store-that-shall-remain-nameless. A lovely chinese/kanji character, accented nicely by small flowers, adorned said shirt's front. Random girlies flipped through the racks looking for their size, not bothering to ask what the character in fact meant (and even had they asked, they would have probably been told 'destiny' 'love' 'sexy' or perhaps 'princess'). Ignorance aside, one is left with a question; what did the shirt in fact say?
Well, allow me to enlighten you and end this long-winded remotely-related anecdote:
The character meant 'table'.
I suppose that warrants a rather large sweatdrop.
Good fun and good satire ^~
And in the words of a true otaku:
Ja~! Anata wa sugoi midori kata ga hoshi desu!
^_^
11/5/2003 c1 Zagwiggle
oh my gosh! that was the funniest thing I have read in at least 4 minutes! I feel really stupid about all the stories I've written and tried to make Japanese, but, oh well! ;) Being a corny Otaku is fun fun fun! I feel perky! I should go get my sailor uniform! Arigatou! What an odd little satire! Ok, bye-bye! (or sayanara)
10/20/2003 c1 orangefreak33
*laughs*

*laughs more*

Can I get one of those guidebooks so I can burn it?
10/9/2003 c1 Miruku-chan
lmao...that's hillarious. amazingly enough i already knew otaku was used as an insult. that was funny. write more! ah and you forgot one important word on your list

ONEGAI!
7/19/2003 c1 Aeitul
Unfortunately, so much of this is true (from the typical anime plot and characters to the Western Otakus). Of course, there are many exceptions. I thank everything that I hold sacred for those exceptions.

I do hope you add onto this sometime in the future. I'd like to see the manga that Author (LOVE the name) comes up with.
7/16/2003 c1 NeoFight
*falls off chair laughing*

Thanks. I needed that.
7/8/2003 c1 8Nyaa
Randomly-long-review-which-is-somewhat-boring...

You should continue this... perhaps including the story author eventually writes... or not. it just seems to have an odd ending for a one-shoter. Or maybe that's just me.

Good satire, though... I don't read all that manga fanfictionmor original fiction (and when I do if I see the -chan/sugoi everywhere i run and hide, anyways, but I've heard enough rants about it to see the humour in this. Yay! good story.

One last thing... I really think that otaku's have more japanese words than that...Or maybe that's just because they use them so often. ^_^
7/8/2003 c1 midary
::laughs histarically:: ah! this is so great! i used to be an otaku! i wrote a few mary sue ronin warriors stories with some friends, and my freinds and i came up with our own anime-ish storyline, but i never got this bad! i do find it hard to not write in sweatdrops and facefaults when i'm doing a story tho. ::starts laughing again and ends up falling over:: this was so me and my friends tho! one of my freinds actually carried around a jpanese/english dictionary... and we used the few words we knew all the time when we talked to eachother! ah, you gotta add more to this.

just so anyone who reads this knows, i'm not laugghing at the otaku population i'm laughing because i can truely relate to this.
7/7/2003 c1 32Morbane
Keep going, keep going, I want to see the first episode. One thing definitely made me crack up laughing:

-chan: USE IT! NOW!

HA! Oh dear, this makes me very, very wary of the anime genre. Apart from that, you really do need some more, or make the conclusion sound like you've come to the end of things. Maybe there should be a bit more Author actions/dialogue after the guidebook excerpt. I don't know.
7/6/2003 c1 penchant
hey, this is a very cute idea! i like how you listed some of the most common stereotypes and made it funny [it was very funny]. hehe, i just loved the idea of the guidebook!
7/5/2003 c1 2Yami Crystal
Sarah:Quite good. It was funny of what it said about rippin the page out and eatin it. ^.^

Crystal:Oh Ra. You should do that too.

Sarah:¬.¬ Watch it! I can alter you cuz I'm the authoress and you're my anime counter that I created.

Cryst:And I'm the yami!^_^

Sarah and Crystal:*Knock the yami's lights out.*
21 Page 1 2 Next »