for Voice Of a Rebel

3/28/2004 c1 123breakdown in the waiting room
*laughs* Love it! I liked the format, I read this one poem once that had a form similar to this.
Some of this reminded me of the Dead Kennedy's song "Nazi Punks Fuck Off," one of my favourite songs (as redone by Meg Lee Chin). Pity the people that don't get it or can't laugh, this is hilarious.
-Jessica
8/30/2003 c1 39naturallyhighandinsane
very cool and interesting side of things. a perspective not often used. i loved it!
8/26/2003 c1 killthisaccountitsdead
okay. let me start by saying that as a teen who belongs in a stereotype and mocks herself for it, i really identified with it. i agree completely, and chuckle, because my own humanity amuses me.

One thing i wanted to tell you: Korn and Marilyn Menson are not heavy metal. they do not assume to be heavy metal. Gr... The mere thought makes me ill!

You have a few very memorable lines here, like the part with the key-chains. The beginning is very poerwful, but towards the end it decreases. you seem to be repeating the same point in the end, and it loses its punch, that's what i think. the short "figure it out for yourself" sentences in the beginning give the poem a lot of allure, make you want to think on it. the end is too detailed.

bravo, though. i've read some other work and in case i don't reply poem by poem, just let me tell you, i really like your style. you are welcome to check my other work, too. i'd love to have some more reviews.
8/22/2003 c1 82nimue webweaver
very interesting read, i liked the format too. not my favorite, but its still neat. you show your views well, but yes, im sorry to say it agian, a bit stereotypical.
8/6/2003 c1 53Lidless Eye
It was real fun to read. I thought it conveys a lot about what the world consists of. But it's debatable about whether this is a poem or not... It doesn't seem to have rhythm (especially with the parentheses), something all poems should have. It's also stereotypical, like everyone else said, and that isn't very popular among poets to read (Although myself, I don't have a problem with it... it's your works, after all)

Keep on writing!
7/17/2003 c1 45Grendel
You amaze me again. Way too fantastic
7/12/2003 c1 29Katterree Fengari
hmm...that's all really interesting...I might be way off on what I got out of ur poem, but by the way I see, it, ur sorta saying stuff about being rebels, like, rebeling against everything, but underlying- being affected by everything, fighting and following the media at the same time, ok, I can't really explain it, eh...

All the parts in parenthesis sorta make ur rhythm off, but add to the whole point of the poem, methinks,...eh, a bit confusing, but good poem.
7/9/2003 c1 24Lux's Confusion
don't really know about this one, i could even go so far as you trashed on almost every kind of teen out there, which i respect in some sick way. i'm glad you had fun with it. oh and thanks for mentioning me in your bio, that was awesome. love ya...

Jasmine
7/9/2003 c1 Imoen
Very nice. I really enjoyed this peice due to the fact that It basically describes my additude towards the whole world.
7/7/2003 c1 Traced In Green
Hmm...I seriously don't know what to say about this. It's kinda...stereotypical...I mean not all of us are like that. And since I dislike labels, stereotypes and shit it's not my favorite poem, but it's not bad. Ok, I'll just go read some more of your work...thanks for reviewing mine!

luvs

Young'n'HopelessKid
7/4/2003 c1 64not sure yet
um, cant say this a favorite of yours at all, its a bit cliche' and i really couldnt get into it all, i suppose its interesting, some ideas i disagree with but then again, thats just me, anywayz, muchly kool and keep writing
7/4/2003 c1 BlackVictorianRose who is too lazy to login
LOL something about this...i cant place it, but its SO cool! ^_~ Neyy...stupid terrible band at school have polluted my brain...;_;

N. Rebucha~~

Poetry

Too?

HaRdc0R3 R3B3L
7/4/2003 c1 5PlayMateMisfit
well, this is VERY interesting. i kinda like it and i kinda dont -no offence- alot of this is stero-tipical... i think you may know that though, cuz you said how ur kinda dissing urself...so yeah! keep thoughts on paper

~misfit

p.s

sorry, this isn't much of a review. just take it for wut it's worth.