for The War That Never Happened

2/28/2004 c1 4Starlit Vapor
Okay, so saying it really was possible to go back in time, I guess it would be POSSIBLE that something like this would happen.
But I think it's more likely it wouldn't mess up anything in the future.
Heh. ^^
10/20/2003 c1 orangefreak33
Nice...the simple wording keeps the idea the focus. As for the idea, it's...weird. Because they never had the pain then, they have it now? Or because they never learned their lesson?
7/8/2003 c1 8Nyaa
WARNING! Rant ahead.

How true... Most people simply think that changing something that was horrible will result in happiness. But that's rarely the case. Even from such things as the Holocaust, you can find that good has come of it (though whether or not it was worth it in the end, you'll have to decide for yourselves). With the Holocaust, It woke a lot of people up to the way that humans treated each other, through an extreme version. We use it a lot on human rights issues, and can scare people off of doing terrible things to eachother, albeit on a smaller scale, by saying how terrible that the holocaust was. But had it never happened, many people would still be racist on this point, and terrible things would have happened to other jews that came later, but since it didn't all happen at once, or on such great a scale, no-one would have paid much attention. So bassically, by their suffering, many other people were spared a lifetime of hate. Was it worth it? dunno. There's no way of knnowing. though, I must point out one thing. African-Amarican people have never had such a thing happen to their people, and many, many of them are suffering now, poeple are racist against them, etc. Would this have happened to them if the holocaust had been mainly against african-0amaricans instead of Jews? probably not. Just something to think about.

If you haven't already, you should read "The redemption of Christopher Columbus" By Orson Scott Card. Basically, it's about the same things as your poem.

~Technical Reevue Time~

You could work on the rhythm of your peotry some. Personally, I find it a bit overly streched in some places, and too compacted in other places, which makes it somewhat difficult to read.
7/7/2003 c1 11sunkissed86
wow that was awesome... such a great perspective, i love when people have the courage to see things differently in the world... great job! i also want to say that ive read all your poems, and they all have really amazing imagery in them, thanks for your review by the way! keep writing!
7/7/2003 c1 14matt15086
Awesome poem! I was wondering if you can review my poem called I am sorry my version. Thanks!

Bye