for The Pledge of No Allegiance

3/26/2007 c1 AccountForeclosed
All I have to say about this is:0_0 WOW 0_0. You sound very pessimistic, and for some reason, I like it.
12/31/2006 c1 72Definition
I have many points of both agreement and disagreement; some opposing, others supporting. Constructive critisism clearly cannot be applauded here, as many may realize, and only a few words, if not a single one, can be used to evaluate such a piece of writing. From that point of view, I refuse to write you a standard five paragraph review containing words of nonsense and sometimes rather offensive jibberish. So I give you my sole statement that is merely true to its own: I am impressed. Favorited with pride.
11/29/2006 c1 Atlas Bergeron
laissez faire, laissez aller, laissez passer

let do, let go, let pass

Let the words ring true

let the truth ring through
11/12/2006 c1 1Odi et amo
*worships you*

Thank you, something that finally gets out most of what I think but written by someone else!

Your username got me interested, plus the really long comment on my essay piece, even though I'm not sure if it actually counts as an essay. They need an "idle thoughts" section...

*favs this*
10/9/2006 c1 Adam L. Qudsieh
wow, that totally fuckin sucked.
6/29/2006 c1 8Atlas Bergeron
Very nice poem; seemed to resemble my own political beliefs. One question, by "I believe I am no better than any man," do you mean to say you do not wish to judge such things, or that you actually believe the worst are equal to you?

Stanza four is my favorite. "You fools are all the same

Say what you will of all your deeds

But you hold nothing worthy dear"

Beautiful. I admire your poetic ability, something which I do not enjoy writting.
3/26/2006 c1 No Trust
“Well.. I think you can be classed as being just about the most selfish, arrogant, deplorabable individual I have ever seen.”

Ossum.

” You have very serious issues.”

Got some pretty funny ones, too.

”Have you been betrayed by someone?”

No more than anyone else.

”Did you commit a crime and get your just punnishment?”

Well, when I was a kid I hid some other kid’s bicycle because he stole some of my money (and threatened to get his dad’s gun to shoot me). Sadly, the bike had disappeared from the hidden location by the time he returned my money to me. Cops never did nothin about it though.

”What exactly was it in your life that inspired such hatred for civilisation?”

I *love* civilization.

”Or is it just that you can't take any responsibility.”

I take what responsibilities I want, same as anyone. I have a few foisted on me that I’d rather not have. Same as anyone.

”You can't stand the idea that as long as humans coexist government, order, society, structure are necessary.”

Yawn.

”Largely because of people like you who care about no one but themselves.”

Yawn 2.

”People who take the easy way out.”

Easy way out of what?

”People who would see a dying man in the street and walk on by - maybe giving him a kick, just for laughs.”

If he’s you, probably yeah.

”You think humanity can actually function without government and order?”

What is ‘order’? People order the world to their ends. What is ‘government’? Theological nonsense, is what.

”You think all the comforts you so love (and due to your weakness would be unnable to abandon) would exist if it were not for the interaction between humans?”

Of course they wouldn’t.

”If it were not for people helping each other when they are in need?”

’Need’? If human transactions and charity were limited to ‘needs’ this would be a much crueler and more primitive world.

”Grow a heart,”

I have one, duh. Which is part what makes me a non-corpse.

”develop a conscience,”

I probably have stronger inhibitions against hurting people than… almost anyone I can think of.

”spare a thought for someone other than yourself.”

False dichotomy.
11/23/2005 c1 crydancer
I agree w/ Samuel T. Findlay.
6/30/2005 c1 15No Trust
I wonder where that wiener Findlay ever went?
3/7/2005 c1 3Felix Retif
Well.. I think you can be classed as being just about the most selfish, arrogant, deplorabable individual I have ever seen. The amount of contempt for humanity you spew forth into one small poem is utterly astounding. You have very serious issues. Have you been betrayed by someone? Did you commit a crime and get your just punnishment? What exactly was it in your life that inspired such hatred for civilisation? Or is it just that you can't take any responsibility. You can't stand the idea that as long as humans coexist government, order, society, structure are necessary. Largely because of people like you who care about no one but themselves. People who take the easy way out. People who would see a dying man in the street and walk on by - maybe giving him a kick, just for laughs. You think humanity can actually function without government and order? You think all the comforts you so love (and due to your weakness would be unnable to abandon) would exist if it were not for the interaction between humans? If it were not for people helping each other when they are in need? Grow a heart, develop a conscience, spare a thought for someone other than yourself.
10/25/2004 c1 aducknamedjoe
Good, except for the line where you say you don't think you are better than other men. Does that mean you are no better than Saddam Hussein? I don't think you intend for the moral relativism, but I may be wrong.
In any case, if you have not yet read Ayn Rand's novel "Atlas Shrugged" I highly suggest you do, as her ideas provide a philisophical background for many of your professed beliefs.
7/14/2003 c1 126lili brik
Wow, this is one of the best things I've read in awhile...everything thought here is like one I've had, but just haven't put into writing-I couldn't agree more, and the style is excellent.
7/8/2003 c1 4Depressed
This is exactly how I feel! I'm glad to see I am not alone.
7/7/2003 c1 29understated