for Dawn

12/25/2004 c1 skitbunny
I like this poem, really pretty, nice flow, just overall very good!

-skitten
9/20/2004 c1 Ephemeral Seraphim
I think that this was eloquently lyrical, and I've enjoyed reading this thoroughly. Some of the phrases that you've used in here have evoked strong imagery, and I think that the emotion is captured here perfectly. This was wonderfully written, with undertones of sophisticated subtlety. I admire your style truly, and I think that this is pure perfection. Keep up the wonderful work. Hasta luego.
chibichocobo
10/30/2003 c1 1aleppine
I really appreciate the fact that you use rhyme and made it WORK. Flawlessly, too. The content is of the sort that is open to interpretation, or it seems so to me, but it's the kind of poem where I'm curious to know what it was the poet had in mind while writing it, rather than relishing the obscurity of the meaning and drawing conclusions of my own.

Your language in this is lovely and subtle. I feel rather inspired to go back to trying out some structured, more classical poetry styles after reading this. Well done.
10/25/2003 c1 28JaphyRider
Here's another one I enjoy thoroughly. It has that oldschool feel too it, like really classic. It's well done in dealing with a relationships beginning and maturing, especially in such a short time. Excellent.
10/3/2003 c1 3Wolfbound
Ah, short and very sweet. I like it!

I'm sorry that it has taken me so long to review and write for that matter, yet life has been hectic.

I hope this finds you well!

Wolfbound
9/15/2003 c1 1Vivian Bennett
Beautiful.

A year...a month..an hour..."blinded by your piercing heart-light," ...deeper now I've seen you, stronger, truer I believe." and "shining clear at last I see" are my favorite lines that hit my heart.

That was wonderfully written. You have a great gift for insight and expressing things so eloquently.

Cheers, Loganberry!
9/11/2003 c1 amicusveritas
"Joy for life..." If I read the meaning correctly..indeed..."...Great the gift..." of viewing and knowing one who's joy of life flows out to be seen by those who can see...but both, I fear..are in short supply... enjoy your work...thank you...amicus
9/3/2003 c1 6Zurizip
It's beautiful. And, in accordance to your review, your right in the points you brought up, it just conjured better imagery.

Terry Prachet's 'Lords and Ladies' huh? Must go read that...
8/20/2003 c1 2Rope
That was a nice poem, loganberry...I like it. I wish I had the skill of poetry...
8/10/2003 c1 Ravyne Black
Gah. From what I could tell from those three verses is that the whole thing is very emotional, it flows brillaintly. Finally, another Brit who can actually write great poetry..*worships*
7/26/2003 c1 20Strawberry Bunny
Nice...honestly, this was a lovely poem. Good diction, nice rhyming scheme. Overall, it was quite intriguing
7/25/2003 c1 58Alyx Bradford
It's a kenning! I *love* kennings! No one uses kennings anymore... And slant rhyme, too. You've used some of my favorite rhetorical devices.

This is a lovely poem. Very personal, very touching. Your word choice here is extremely evocative and moving. Excellently done.
7/22/2003 c1 90SweetGrape
3rd and 4th line are very strong images-sharply pure.

'I thought I knew you'- nice comment about how you don't always know waht you think you do.

Last stanza is beautifully happy and radiant.
7/21/2003 c1 lostinscotland
ah, i love this! beautiful rhyme scheme (which is what i always look for in poetry... yes, i know i'm a poetry snob) and the concept is wonderful, great wording, too! not too many poems can make my lips smile as well as my head (that sounds weird, but you know what i mean...i hope) but this one succeeded. good job!
7/16/2003 c1 16Wooffles
This is great...I know what you mean I've often felt that way with people.
23 Page 1 2 Next »