for The Best Damn Battle Ever

7/12/2004 c8 8Hyacinthe Wing
Wow, you have a really cool writing style! It's kind of Terry Pratchett-esque, very funny. Sigh. I wish there were other authors in the bookstores that could write parodies like Terry, but of course not! Not over here, leastaways. ...is leastaways a word? I don't think it's a word. Anyway, I hope you update soon! I'll keep a watch for it!
~Hyacinthe
6/1/2004 c1 24Ginamaya
I've only read the first chapter and alreadt I'm thinking Douglas Adams...
4/15/2004 c7 5Masked Coconut
You've got some bloody brilliant stuff going here. Just... wow. Werr. Hilarious.
3/12/2004 c7 Esliim Karnth
MM, last couple of chapters weren't as funny as the first few. Still a pretty good story though.
Keep it up, but don't feel like you have to get it up quick.
What I mean is, don't rush it.
May your needles fly true,
_Esliim
3/10/2004 c4 Esliim Karnth
Mine Hoe is Bigger than Thine Hoe?
HAHAHAHAHA! That's one of the funniest thing I've read all...day...
3/10/2004 c3 Esliim Karnth
You rule. I love this story.
Absolute hilarity!
"A light went on in Tristan’s head, a big, fluorescent, blinking light with scantily clad women dancing around it, and it spelled out a word, followed by a punctuation mark: WAR!"
^I loved that. Absolutely loved it!
3/10/2004 c2 Esliim Karnth
Oh my GOSH!
That's so hilarious!
I laughed so hard when he had actually slept for THIRTY YEARS!
This story is great, reading on I am.
_Esliim
3/10/2004 c1 Esliim Karnth
I absolutely love this. It's hilarious, and has a dash of serious. But you did it perfectly. It's awesome. Now to read the rest!
2/25/2004 c7 6Ahrar Nighthammer
This is still pretty good, but yeah, your edge does seem to be falling off. Try not to turn in something that you are unsatisfied with, even if it's been a long time. This was still good, however, and I liked some things about it.
"Make A Decision" "...the historians say it got too complicated." And the Metaphorically beheaded thing was funny.
And the plot is kinda cool. Keep this up, it's good all around.
Ahrar, signing off...
2/25/2004 c6 Ahrar Nighthammer
Hehe. That kinda makes me chuckle. I like the way that you make the dialogue realistic and still provide funny details on all these embarassing things that have happened. Funny.
"...you’ve already got a sidekick and a love interest" - That's funny too.
Good job.
2/25/2004 c5 Ahrar Nighthammer
THat's nice again, but still, it's just advancing the plot. You're getting a little too bogged down in the plot, but it's OK. I'm sure that it'll pick up pretty soon. Good job.
2/25/2004 c4 Ahrar Nighthammer
Nice. This, again, plays very nicely, yet subtlely off of old steryotypes without being annoying about it. Not as much quotable hilarity in this chapter, but I'm interested in the plot now. This is good. Keep it up.
*Bows*
2/25/2004 c3 Ahrar Nighthammer
Ok, this was pretty good too. I likes the way that the girl is so paranoid. It adds a edge to underline how ludicrous and cliche-ish the story is, in a parody sort of way. Good stuff.
And how Tristan connects with war. "Everything made sense, if there was a war!" That's funny. Reminds me of fighter. (Do you know about Fighter? Nuklearpower.com? 8-Bit theater? You should look at it if you don't know of it already. [It's a web comic. Hilarious. Check it out.])
Anyhoo...
Good job. This is good. Keep it up.
2/25/2004 c2 Ahrar Nighthammer
*Grins*
Ok, that is really cool. I love your writing style on this. You really have a good grasp on how to write comedically without it being over the top. Also, the amount of parody is exactly right without making it ludicrous; I care about what happens to the people, it's easy to read, and I'm constantly running into things that make me smile. Once again, I am very impressed.
Ok. Continuing:
Wal. (can I call you Wal?) Ok, Wal, there were several quotes in here that I liked. They follow:
“Bloody hell,” he said with wonder. “Pretty much,” the girl replied.
That's funny. And this:
"...never produce anything more interesting than your average mad philosopher or senile wizard."
Funny. And finally:
"...when the lesson involves being at the safe end of a pointy steel object, one either learns fast or falls out of the picture." That's one of my fave's.
Other small things I liked:
"...like a raw egg that has been thrown at a wall will slowly drip to the floor." - Good simile. (Also, at that part I like how he slowly gets disappointed as he hears his plan [and long sleep] have been pointless).
And the part with the herbalist and the knight is just great. This is going on my favorites list. Keep it up. I'll read more as soon as I get more time. Good job.
2/25/2004 c1 Ahrar Nighthammer
Ok, this is funny. It is really random and quotably funny, and yet has a bit of serious truth in the fact that "in every group of sentient beings there’s someone who likes to cause trouble, stir up the scene, throw Paris the apple…
One of them always wants the chaos back."
That is really cool, because it's also true. But the context is still hilarious. Just the right balance. And, though it's serious, there are still good writing tricks that make for a good story, such as the just the right amount of teaser concealed in your prologue. This is great. I am IMPRESSED. Keep it up.
Good job.