for I Have An Aching Desire

10/8/2013 c1 2reinforced hell
that was beautiful.
12/31/2012 c1 5Magi Aladdin
*Cry, cry* *Sob, sob* You're totally preaching to the Choir, thank you for writing this it was totally beautiful
2/1/2010 c1 Jared
I applaud you. Not many people have the strength, or the courage to do something like this. I know how hard it is to pour out your soul, no holds barred. I wish you every happiness. Once again, I applaud you!
12/11/2008 c1 12White the Hatter
I love this. I am so happy that you came out. And this is all so true!
1/6/2006 c1 124in theory
It's good to read work by a fellow gay writer who isn't still tragically clinging to the stereotypical boymeetsboy-and-it-hurts-because-they-can't-do-it. I'm so bored of tragedy, if they wanted it badly enough it would have happened. Anyway, I'm wandering randomly off subject.

I like the formatting, firstly, it's very chunky but digestible. And the "PS." but is poetic. (unfortunately I plan on being another gay English teacher, but what the hell, if they don't like it they can take Math or something.)

I'd like to read more from you, but I have this strange allergy to internet fiction. I get bored of reading solid chunks of typed text, it just doesn't work for me. Ridiculously long poetry doesn't phase me in the slightest though..I'm odd. But yeah,

congrats for this, it kept me focused throughout and metaphorically, is fluidly beautiful. And courageous to be so blatant in your admiration for this guy. I write mostly (in fact almost totally) poetry, but I want to start on making it more obvious to people who read that I am actually gay lol. It amuses me when people review and say "oh she sounds lovely." It's my own fault I know, for not using proper pronouns or even names or whatever, and the more pieces I read like this the more I want to change this.

Apologies for the endless review, I like to take my time on things though, and this is definitely worth the slow and possibly confusing mulling over of things. Again, well done.

Shalom, Jack.
5/29/2005 c1 24LovesTeardrop
I am a striaght girl so obviously cannot relate completely with your situation but I have a few gay guy friends and I know how difficult it is for them sometimes. It was nie to read a poem about someone elses point of view in this situation also. Nice piece of writing.
5/2/2005 c1 jgjqeoi8jg23jfoiwjf0q9f
Aww. I know how that is...
4/21/2005 c1 milady424
Im crying...balling my eyes out...its so hard to tell the truth...it hurts so much to keep it in...thank you for inspiring me to be open... no more wall... no more regrets... i love it...it is the most beautiful poem... better than poe and cummings... thank you for teaching me the truth...i will remember you for that...always.Luvs and Hugs, Ml
2/4/2005 c1 2Clara K
That was beautiful.
12/10/2004 c1 79CrimsonCat
I was sitting here, going through some of the old poems and things that I've posted here, and I found your review in one of my stories. The one about a lesbian, trying to make peace with who she is. And your review had the same effect on me now that it did os long ago. I cried. So I decided to finally explore, and try to learn a little more about the man who offered me so much support. And I found this.

I don't have the words to describe how this made me feel. It is breath taking. It's.. perfection. So brave of you to write something so honest, and full of heart-breaking truth. I'm adding it to my favs list. How could I not?

This is getting fairly long. So I'll end by saying thank you. Thank you for the review you wrote so long ago. I don't know if you even remember it, but I never forgot it. And I will echo the words you spoke to me. You, my friend, are beautiful. May our pride colours fly long, proud, and true. Because I am sick of being afraid. Sick of being ashamed. Sick of living in fear.

I hope some hate preaching asshole comes and reads this. And I hope it helps them understand. Because you said it all so.. perfectly.
5/23/2004 c1 24Mingjun
I support gay marriage! Did you know that the second country in the whole world is allowing gay marriages on my birthday? Hope this world open up quickly. Being homo is totally natural, it even occurs with other species in the wild. I have to recomment you this cool series by Mercedes Lackey, where the heros Vanyel and Tylendel are gay lovers. The titles are " Magic's Pawn" "Magic's Power" and " magic's price". =)
10/27/2003 c1 28Bull
It's good to see someone who's not ashamed to be what they are, with no pretenses. Your poem was incredible, full of feeling.
10/17/2003 c1 133BladedKisses
Wonderful poem...It touches upon everything and has a sense of bitter, overcoming pride...I wish you and your boyfriend the best!
9/25/2003 c1 58Sage Valkisco
This should be dedicated to all Homosexuals...This was great and could teach those teenagers to not be afraid to open up...Its not that bad...The friends that stay friend with u and support you are the only friends worth having...so don't hide it...Oh and adice to you Tony...some of that shit in the bible...u shouldn't listen to all of it...people back then were idiotic and not intouch with their romantic nature...
9/24/2003 c1 38Shadafakup
Ok, firstly, the content was good.. Subject matter deeply explored..

Oh, but I never knew an eight yr old could actually know what was love really..

Anyway, point is, its strong, its powerful, its moving, and it sure shows a lot of pain within..

I'm glad you got the courage to post this up..

There are other people who could probably relate to this.. And uhm, as for me on that issue.. -_-" I'm not gay.. But erh, never mind..

Anyway, towards the end of the poem, I started skimming through lines and just practically glancing trhough everything.. That was because it no longer sounded like a poem..

Maybe you kind of got off the point after awhile..

There are really a lot of stanzas that could do with some 'poetic' help.. They just sounded like an angry rant, prose written in poetry format..

Oh yeah, the best few lines in the whole poem was the stanza before 'Part II" and the stanza just below that..

Other from that, I think its really very heartfelt, but not acheiving the point of poetry itself..

Uh yeah, was there intentional humour in it? Coz it had me laughin at some points.. Maybe it was the irony..

Anyway, great piece.. Truthful and rather moving..

Enjoyed it..