for Dearest Debbie

4/9/2004 c1 40Jareth the Monk
Sorry I've been gone for a couple of months, I need to catch up on the reviews. Anyhow, some say the sad song is the best song because its harder to make someone think than to make them laugh. But not many realize that a sad song is also therapy in a way, because you can get it on paper and look back and realize what you wrote was a lot less muddled than what you felt or thought at the time, when emotion and anger and all the other negative waves were running along together in your head. Its hard to say anything negative about writing from the heart, whether the author has a good grasp of word choice (or flow) or not, and it would probably be wrong to do so because the critic only serves to bring everybody down with his (her, its) nit-picking. This one was hard for me to read because my mom just got diagnosed with cancer a couple of weeks ago and had to have a hysterectomy, so we'll see if it worked for her. It is a good poem, and it will make a lot of people think, I'm sure, for no other reason than it's about something so common to us all, death. If there were no death or any sadness in the world, still we humans would not be satisfied, because we would be so bored with our perfect, happy lives and would have nothing to challenge us to overcome our fears and setbacks. Cancer is a particularly terrible disease, you don't have to be a smoker or out of shape to get it. With any luck though, you will not feel the need to write of another victim again.
12/27/2003 c1 Backwards Friend Forever
I really like this poem, I found it looking for poems with Debbie in the title b/c that is my name, i thought this was good and really sad - keep writing!
12/15/2003 c1 132Sarah Parker
AW, this is such a sad poem! So very very sweet... and oh so incredibly touching. I think it's the most real and touching thing I've ever read. I love that feeling of hope at the end... I believe in heaven, and that your friend could read this... and if she's anything like you described in your poem, then I'm sure she absolutely loved it. Amazing job. *tear!*
10/15/2003 c1 No7h1ng
aw that was so sad... *hugs* sorry to hear about debbie... but i'm glad she lived a great life. :) sorry i haven't read your stories in a while...been so busy...
10/14/2003 c1 21VelvetHaven
Oh wow, this is sad. Very touching.
8/19/2003 c1 2Jamez
That was truley touching.

I'm sure she would have appreciated it:)

~*jamez*~
8/13/2003 c1 5Kanashimi Ame
Aww, that's such a touching poem, brings a tear to my eyes. May she rest in pease. ^_^
8/11/2003 c1 Starlight Maiden
So sad but hopeful. Emotional, well written...