for Reflections of a Pretty Face

2/27/2010 c1 RipplingEbbulience
That is pretty intense...

Is it by any chance based on reality?

Just seems like it.

Dont have the answer that, by the way.

Keep writing.

-Rippling ebullience
12/29/2009 c1 B-Dooliie
so true. sometimes the hate and envy is so unwarented, and so stereotypical, with no thought to the individual who posseses the beautiful face. you managed to convey all of this so clearly. great job.
8/6/2006 c1 7BITT3RSW33T
I love it. It relates to me so much! Ok, i sound so conceited there,but this topic has frustrated me greatly before, and well, I couldn't have put in it better in words than you.:D
1/6/2006 c1 Guest
"I hope to be forgiven for what I am-/the beautiful girl you love to hate"

Why be forgiven? Take pride in something that you are - it doesn't make you lesser, and, when it's boiled down, it doesn't make you any more. But it's hard when others see you as just a pretty face, because god forbid you be human like them... -sighs-

cool poem.
12/12/2005 c1 136LilLaTLuv
Hey!

Oh. You poor thing! I know exactly how you feel. I'm treated awful a lot of the time, when I get too much attention from guys. But I just finally realized that it wasn't because I was a nice person that they were cruel, it was because I was a PRETTY, nice person. So, yeah. I get this really well. Great poem! KEEP IT UP!

Luv ya,Tashi :)
10/5/2005 c1 4LaraineGlass
I like this poem very much... She's the girl we love to hate, but the girl we want to be, if I'm not mistaken.
4/23/2005 c1 10satinsmoke
nice...i like how you take a typical topic (plain girls being jealous of pretty girls) and tell it from the other perspective. the last two lines are especially nice..."I hope to be forgiven for what I am-the beautiful girl you love to hate "
4/9/2005 c1 3Rachel Gattina
I like this poem. Its really good. You write good stories also.
1/9/2005 c1 12tablesalt
Clear, concise and wonderfully spoken. -tablesalt.
1/3/2005 c1 Winter's Roar
Brilliant! An inside scoop, one that so many of us never stop to consider. Thanks for speaking for one of those beautiful girls, even if none of them really feel this way it's good to have both sides represented. If we hate girls for being beautiful aren't we just as shallow as we say they are? A well written poem that somehow manages to be both simply and profound. Hats off to you!
7/28/2004 c1 1mw4h
hehe...nice poem ^^ u write pretty well
7/26/2004 c1 17Bob n Kazzi
The beautiful girl I love to hate - how about the beautiful girlS i love to hate. There are way too many of them - but they are mean. I like this poem, it shows the inside of what one of those girls might really think. Although I doubt very much any in my school feel that.
Superb, last two lines are my fave:
I hope to be forgiven for what I am-
the beautiful girl you love to hate
Keep writing girl.
7/4/2004 c1 9Sariah H
Good, sad, can u really relate? wish i could? but its really really good, melancholy and cold and hopeful ... am i making any sense? didn't think so toodles
6/29/2004 c1 dduckiee
this poem is so sad
i neva realli fought 2 look at dat persceptive b4 but dis poem showed dat every1 has problems...
the line kept repeatin lk it was provin or convincin sumfin
it reminds me of the song 'perfect'
both are morbid both relate 2 our mundane life
6/11/2004 c1 RedBloodedWoman
i love the poem. it has so much thought put into it and really, it's true for me too. when i read it, i felt like that girl in the poem. I try to make friends, but they seem to always hate me and really, i wish it wasn't like that. well, i'm glad i found your poem- made me realize the things i've been trying to deny. Thankx for writing this! It helps a lot now ^-^
25 Page 1 2 Next »