for summer hues

12/1/2004 c1 32Angel-Angel
I love this one, If i shut my eyes thats the place i'd like to be...I real summer feeling of warm and peace shines through for your words...

More poems like this please Chris, there beautifully writen and a joy to read...

Angelx
12/5/2003 c1 106cosmo-queen
In 10 minutes, you really summed up the essence of summer. Beautiful work and since it's summer right now where I live, I can definitely relate. Only problem is that pretty soon, everything will turn brown. Sigh. Anyway, I loved the stanza "Have you smelt the summer breeze/That reminds you of your youth/Times you swung from old oak trees/And came crashing through the roof". Great work, keep writing :)
*cosmo-queen*
10/18/2003 c1 18Night Breeze
You don't like it? WHY? It's GREAT! I like it a lot! "Times you swung from old oak trees, And came crashing through the roof" ... that part made me smile heh... GOOD JOB! It's so good that I'm adding it to my favs!

~NB XoX
9/13/2003 c1 3Ruby-servantof-eli
I thought you didn't like summer?

I said I liked this when I read the half written version but now...It's good dunno just missing...Wang ;)
9/13/2003 c1 96AutumnRhapsody
I think I see what you mean, but I do like it. The constant questions are cool, and it really sounds like summer. But it doesn't have the same depth, or feeling, as the other poems I've read by you.

Thanks for all the reviews...I only got one of them in my email, so I didn't see them until now. Thanks for the offer of a hug, but I'm not really in turmoil I don't think. Mostly, I am happy that I have this person (same as in all my posted stuff) in my classes after two years of not. Why I am I telling a stranger this when I won't tell most of my friends? Whatever, but thanks so much for reviewing and caring.
9/10/2003 c1 25OracleVIII
Hey, I am gald I read this write. It is great.
9/4/2003 c1 612simpleplan13
ok its very sing songy which is not your stile but it has a cool rhythm & its ok... not my favorite type of poetry... too happy for me!
9/3/2003 c1 47The intellect
wow! i love this!

i think maybe your best yet!

although i do reli love paper moon *tries to decide but can't*

i love the beginning, very strong yet beautiful and attention finding (if that makes sense)

brilliant!

intellect

x
9/3/2003 c1 40AvaRicE
Don't take this down!

Its great, especially for ten minutes!

It does really make me think of summer... moreso now, as summer is fading in rl. :)

The rhyming scheme is great, too.. it doesn't sound forced at all.

MM... my favourite stanzas are the second and third one.

Perfect! Its a refreshing change from angst. (I tend to waay overdo it :/)