for Here Be Monsters

10/15/2003 c1 18Brentdechef
now ive read this before but after reading it again it brings me to a conclusion, ive shaped u too bad, now u scaring me, what went wrong. but hey an amazing poem, one of my favs that ive read bye far, so vivid an imagination, clever, makes u think what the mind does think about, keep it up
9/21/2003 c1 47The intellect
this is great but, im sorry that it dont catch me like ur other poems... great ideas, poems about dreams seem hard to write, wel in my case

caz
9/17/2003 c1 40AvaRicE
Wow... seriously amazing!

I just *love* all this. If I had to choose, my favourite lines would have to be:

Here be monsters./Chafing from the inside

And:

Children sing sallow hymns/For the person who dwelled in the faceless shell

I especially love the way you've used the 'Here be monsters' thing, like on the old maps... that always used to give me a tingle down the spine for some reason.

GREAT poem!
9/13/2003 c1 3Ruby-servantof-eli
o sounds like my head :D

very nice
9/13/2003 c1 8glitterjewele
god that's amazing. EVERY SINGLE LINE is so indescribably vivid, i mean it just *shoots* off the page at me. reading your poetry is a truly remarkable experience. so i'm putting you on my favorite authors list because if i didn't i think the horrendous monsters from this poem would haunt me ever after for my incredible stupidity. :P the rhythm is awesome yet again. wow . . . alright i have absolutely no idea where to start choosing favorite lines from this, they're all so fantastic (it's so tragically rare to find a piece like this *sighs wistfully*). *deep breath* okay here goes nothing: "fraying my imagination," "like a cracked bowl" (a deceptively simple and yet strangely potent comparison - i like it), "a perpetual chant of lies. a bacchanal of deceit" (had a particularly cool sound), "children sing sallow hymns," and the ending "where once i was . . . here be monsters" was utterly perfect in every way. phenomenal piece of poetry, yet again. i look forward to reading more of your works (preferably at some time other than 2 in the morning so that i can absorb and comment on them more fully :P). GREAT work, you've definitely got me hooked. :)
9/11/2003 c1 9dead-in-side6966
Damn that is so true. Well done, one of the beat one I have see in a long time. So much better then I could ever do.
9/11/2003 c1 612simpleplan13
wow.. wow... amazing.. it's so descriptive & so true.. its just amazing
9/10/2003 c1 8Keeper of the Key
Cool poem, I like the title ;)