for Ode To Sock

7/26/2006 c1 6MrFlames
Diyah, I lost your e-mail. Do you still have a copy of Decapitated Chickens? Do you still check this account? If you don't have my e-mail, just leave a review on my essay. Anyway, ciao,

MrFlames / LeCreature
3/14/2006 c1 19Lulu2606
Well..this made me laugh. Not sure if that was your intention (i hope so otherwise you actually talk to a sock!) but the writing itself was amazing. Loved the references although they did seem a lot like direct quotes without the ". But then again Im not an expert on such literature. Enjoyed it though
11/11/2004 c1 16Calvin Fitzgerald
This is on par with Shakespeare. An unbelievable work of art. By far the best piece of prose I have read as of yet.
what happened to you guys? Did you sign off? Hopefully not for good? I miss the debates, back in the good old days of '03. You even took down incacipated chickens...I cannot believe it. What will the future generations of liberals think?
Calvin Fitzgerald
10/3/2004 c1 2Aducknamedjoe
Serasivad, just read your reviews on "The Preservation of Freedom" and gotta say, you're a bitch. You'll probably go through this and try to rip me apart word for word like you did to HNMN, which the way you do it, proves nothing.
""No one wants war."
Where do you get off talking for the entire population of the world?"
You knew he was just making a generalization here that usually turns out to be pretty true with most people, not "speaking for the entire world," you just deliberately misrepresented his statement and so created a straw man to knock down.
You also made so many mistakes its ridiculous.
""strengthened its ties with terrorists’ organizations,"
There are totally and completely NO ties between Al-Quaeda and Iraq. They hate each other. Iraq had women and Christians in it's government. Nice try though."
Al Quaida isn't the only terrorist organization out there "hon" (or should I say "hun"). Look it up at http:/w.fas.org/irp/threat/terror_99/19index.html, Iraq had ties with terrorist organizations, hence the label "terrorist sponsor."
And actually, according to an editorial by Deroy Murdock, there ARE connections between Saddamm and Al Quaida. To wit: Abbu Abbas, mastermind of the 1985 Acchile Lauro cruise ship hijacking, in which a US citizen was killed, managed to escape custody and go live in Iraq with an Iraqi supplied diplomatic passport. (You can only get those with the sanction of the gv't you know). March 19, 2003, a 20 page verified document was found from the Iraqi Intelligence service listing "Collaborators." Among them? "the Saudi Osama Bin Laden."
There's much more documented evidence on this, write me if you want more, or do a google for the editorial and/or evidence and see for yourself.
8/7/2004 c1 ruined life
Stupid dumb gay and I suggest taking it off!
3/30/2004 c1 21featherlight
*dies laughing*

Brilliant. This is brilliant. I love it. You are a comedic genius. *adds to favorites*
1/18/2004 c1 Cerulean Dawn
"Wow, that was a brilliant and biting satire. It is quite possibly the finest example that I or any human has ever seen. If this essay were a woman, I'd marry it."
Unfortunately, the sarcasm of that overblown assessment and the satire of this "essay" have something in common-
They're equally subtle.
10/25/2003 c1 25slain-angel
very... interesting. Very funny. I think I like it.. not sure though... lol
10/25/2003 c1 220Namir Swiftpaw
LMAO...this is...oh my god. ^^; I'm not sure what to say about this, except that it's insane.

But in a good way. I enjoyed it throughly!

~Namir Swiftpaw
10/20/2003 c1 11Imaginary Player
Zach:

This is funny as hell. How you managed to fit all of the "Dante's Inferno" references in about a sock, I'll never know. ^_^

Keep writing, please keep writing
10/6/2003 c1 Savak
*grin* This is partly to review your lovely little ode, and partly to laugh heartily at "The Arts of Nations" ("The art of the Arabs is in reminiscence and exaggeration?" That's not true! My great great grandfather died fighting Napolean and was ressurected... twice! What would HE say about that...? Why, that reminds me of a story long, long ago...

Anyway, back to the Ode. I loved it. It had all the stuffiness of a real Ode (not that.. eep.. this ISN'T a real ode... or anything) I loved the snooty tone and self-righeousness. ^_^ Why wouldn't I? I relate so well!

*musing* Hmm.. maybe we reminisce so much because of our shitty present? Nah. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to pretend I'm living under Saladin's glorious and enlightened rule instead of Jean Chretien unpronouncible and Gritty (hee hee) regime. But it looks like ole Slimey Grimey is going to be on his ass in terms of Newfoundland! *rants and mutters about Canadian politics which no one bothers to follow except for Canadians and those in solitary confinement.*
9/30/2003 c1 57tofujunky
What's in a name, that which we call a sock by any other name would smell like feet.

You're bloody brilliant! I am 'enlightened' by your mental superiority. The 'Romeo and Juliet' reference was so clever and hilarious. I loved it! Everything else was great too, but my overflowing love for Shakespeare got me playing favorites.

A suggestion for Lil-Britteny:

Less 'Hooked On Phonics', and more 'One-on-One Tutoring'.

I share because I care.
9/30/2003 c1 26wordpainter241
Dude, yes, you are totally and utterly fabulous.

Luv the sock.
9/30/2003 c1 132mizu no kokoro
okay? weird odd and all those weird things. It's creative, keep writing.
9/29/2003 c1 1serasivad
Bitch.

Talk about MY magnum opus AGAIN and I'll turn your 80 pound ugly ass into a coffee mug.

Normally I stray from hitting females, as they usually are stronger than me.

But since...

wonderful

perfect

amazing

bloody GENIUS

Ode to Sock paper, I shall castrate you.

Did you know Bush is a severe Christian? He despises everything NON-Conservative...he hates you...you wannabe non-conformist.

Wicca is fake

It is a made up religion formed in the mid 20th century. It has almost NO basis in Celtic customs. And all the dieties are actually female goddesses from OTHER religions.

You stupid oaf, shut the hell up.

Or YOU will be the one dead.
18 Page 1 2 Next »