for Coffeehouse reverie

7/24/2006 c1 Elizabeth Bilberry
The last few words sadden me.

EB
6/26/2006 c1 62ossining
Wow, this is gorgeous. I hope you're still writing (I just looked at your profile and it said this was the last thing you had updated with). I love all the images in this, and the word choice is phenomenal. I'm favoriting this and you! Keep writing! :)
4/15/2005 c1 95beti213
wow. one of those poems that uses a select few words to convey a lot... I like the description as perfection as flawed. my suggestion is to take another look at how the first 3 lines connect to the fourth-it threw me in a way that wasn't what you want; it should be a shock, but also somewhat connected. anyway, I'm doing a long comment because I loved it, both the style and the idea.
3/2/2005 c1 8Written
beautiful rhythm and imagery. I could go on and on, but I'm just filled with images I can put a name to. wonderful.
9/3/2004 c1 21delphian
this is a very intruiging poem - i love how the hesitant style of verse shows how hesitant you seem to be about recounting these events - the last stanza is worded perfectly and is the a fantastic closing. good job! i loved it
3/19/2004 c1 2cinder's rose
I love this poem. The way you spaced the lines definitley added something, for me. It gave the poem an interesting kind of pace. Great job.
1/18/2004 c1 pieces
Intriguing. And about something as morbidly simple as a coffee outing and general time and place, maybe a one night stand if I looked at it and wasn't too lazy to analyze the piece so it fit my psycho-thirsted mind. Who am I kidding? Great job.
~Gabby
12/17/2003 c1 20aviatrix
It's kinda pretentious...the word 'elixir' makes me want to poke my fingers in my eyes whenever I see it. Also, the last stanza doesn't seem to fit. It's not a crappy poem, though. Something to be said for that.
12/14/2003 c1 43coffaholic
Wow this was really good. Everyone has already said it but the last two lines are really wonderful. Keep writing.
11/17/2003 c1 soleilbleu08
that was damn good
10/11/2003 c1 84Jaclyn
Hey there...I *love* this poem. The tone, the imagery, the rhythm...

That's fantastic...I love the skipped line, that glaring word anchored there all alone... Also, I just go for lines like that, you know? Something like perfection.

And the last two lines...wow. Wow. *WOW*

Glad you're back, with poetry like this!
10/10/2003 c1 74Yelen
Lovely. A love poem that isn't corny. Great use of language, very poetic, almost beautiful. Especially liked the last stanza. Nice work.
10/9/2003 c1 anon63