for Implosion

2/14/2006 c1 10Almah
ooh ooh ooh fabulous imagery.

My friend, you sure do know how to turn a phrase.
10/21/2003 c1 38The Teaspoon Faery
i love this. "a song split at the seams" very powerful.

i think it was ts eliot who said that poetry can be enjoyed before it is understood, and that's definitely true of this poem. i don't quite get it, but it's beautiful. and the more i read it, the more i see, and the better i understand.

the last lines are sharp and incredibly intense.

once again i can't find words to express what i feel about this poem.

anna
10/18/2003 c1 79CrimsonCat
I love the way you have a definition in the middle of the poem. But even more, I love the lines: there is so much light around her/[cover your eyes]/too much

The idea that there can be too much light.. (this may come out choppy but please bare with me lol) It seems like people are always screaming that there is too much darkness, too many shadows. To much unkown. People rarely admit that there can be too much light. And I like that you can admit to there being too much light. (or that's what I got out of it :))

And I also really like: people fear intensity like they fear/the open sea It just screams the truth... maybe that is why no one has reviewed this yet? It's too honest. Too real. I would have reviewed it sooner but I've been trying to savor your poems :)

I must thank you for your long, in depth reviews. Honestly, you are sometimes the only reason I post poems. Because I look forward to seeing what you will think of them. And yes, 'Aftermath of A Suicide Attempt' is from real-recent life. I keep waiting for the sky to stop falling..

drowning is a slow death by fire/when you're inside out

I couldn't agree more.