for Passion's Edge

4/26/2006 c1 21tsym
I like it. It has some great lines.

It ends rather abruptly though.

This seems like a writing of an act of adultery.

: )
3/28/2004 c1 123breakdown in the waiting room
"Just a few isolated strands of
Memories put together like garbage
In a trash can."
Beautiful lines. I adore the way you write- didn't care for the word thrice, but this has such a mature and different view on thing. I'm so happy you receive all the positive reviews you do- you're quite talented.
-Jessica
2/14/2004 c1 Love and Destroy
It's good! I like it! It's confusing, but it's poetic anyway! Sunrise
2/6/2004 c1 1whitesmoke
umm.. very..er interesting... keep writing!
1/9/2004 c1 25pleasecometrue
Wow, I had to think on this one for a minute, great write!
12/2/2003 c1 121Seeker of the Way
I understand this, it is like taboo love. A bringing together of two foces that cannot stop the joining although they really should.
No wonder you like RSK's "Sin". She wrote it inspired by my poetry which was inspired by hers. "Sin" is still the best, tho!
11/28/2003 c1 9TakeItOrLeaveIt
i like it. it seems like you were told you were loved by somebody, and then found it wasnt truly love...but what is love anyhow. i can relate. i like the part about memories.
11/28/2003 c1 3Angerona
ARG!
So you thought you could slip these by me Pris? You where fooled! For the great Angie is back in action. Ok if that wasn't the l;amest thing i have ever fuckign said...
Any way Hot pome and yeah i could see how it would be like gloing back and reading someone else poetry. I mean it could mean so many diffrent things it depends how you take it. Maybe you took it one way when your wrote it and when you read it took it anouther way and it was too diff for you. RIGHT ANY WAY enought babble. Hot poem, keep it up! I'll be waiting for more Poems and my e-mail! .
love ya
~Angie~
11/24/2003 c1 99Myra Kilgore
Hey thanks for the review...it really meant a lot too me...and your poetry rocks. I love this piece the lines "Still in denial, still in shock,

Are we one person, split into two bodies," just sticks in my mind for some reason. You have so much talent. Keep writing-KS
11/9/2003 c1 Alaurei
Interesting. I'm not quite sure what to say about this poem. First of, thanks for reviewing my stuff. I really appreciate it. ^_^ It's hard to find some good 'ol readers now a days. Anyway, I can't wait to read some of your stuff. It seems you're a poet. How cool. I have a lot of school lately so don't blame me please if it takes me a while to review. I'm also working on NaNoWriMo so I'm like, xD right now. Well, I enjoyed this poem. Now to the good part of reviews.

A victom, no, victoms are forced. She chose this, in a way. Right? Er, confusing. :P I can't get my thoughts straight here. These two people, they chose this I think. But over a short, quikc, thrown together relationship. How sad. That has nothing to do with love really. Well it does but, listen to my other point. What I'm trying to say is, the "moral" I kinda get from your poem is to say that, don't just waste yourself like that. Take your time to carefully move in and through a relationship. It should be something special and something you enjoy. It should feel as if you're losing something. More like gaining, or I guess fullfilling in a way. Well, I'm ranting now. That's enough.

Well, I must be off. Lovely poem and I'll try to read more when I get back. It's my bed time now so I must be off! Have a great day and keep up the great work!

-Nickel City

"To infinity, and beyond!"
11/8/2003 c1 KatyGirl1219
I really do like it. It's interesting, in a disjointed sense. It seems as though you're talking about someone maybe discovering themselves in a drugged and fogged sense. ::shrugs::

Keep writing and thank you for sharing this piece with us!

::hugs::

P.S. ~ Thank you muchly for my review! And no, I don't hate you ;)
11/6/2003 c1 burp
Hello. Your screename intrigued me. And the fact that you write HP slash, which I used to love. And the fact that you have an amazing number of reviews. And now, the fact that your poetry is good. Yes, about that. It has a wonderful hook in the first sentence. How many readers are asked to envision, if they will? It insists that one read on.

As to its meaning, it seems, to me, to be about nervous lovers not understanding their feelings, and denying them. Probably the first time they've been in love. And they dissociate from the world, as suggested by the last two lines of the second stanza.

This is a loose poem, in that it moves from one idea to the next with few readily evident connections. That can be beneficial, or not, depending on what you're wanting to do. If you're trying to make a solid point, or communicate a feeling or concept in a fairly simple way to understand, then this is not the best method. But if you want to paint a broad picture, so that the reader stands back, and reads each sentence as though viewing a landscape, then this is good. I call it abstract poetry.

I'll read some more of your stuff soon.
11/4/2003 c1 35rocket baby doll
hm... i did have to read it more than once, to fully understand it... my guess is that it has something to do with two people, who i guess are having a little "fling", and reflections on that relationship? i like how, rather than the picture perfect discription of love, you talk about how you never always fit, or make a perfect match, sometimes a relationship has more to do witht he physical need rather than an emotional response... and i love how you included the words

"An unknown amount of DNA

Shared almost grudgingly"

i dont know, it made me think, and yeah, i like it... dont make me think too much just for a reason why!:P

Keep it up!
10/27/2003 c1 41Razor Sharp Kisses
It seems like the usual "everyone has someone out there who was meant for them", but with a twist. It goes deeper than that phrase; to the bone. I really like it. It makes great sense to me.
10/26/2003 c1 3Prowling Muse
OOh... Interpreting work... *rubs hands together eagerly*

Let's see... First stanza. Let's give THAT a try.

My first impression: Two people are having sex VS. making love. And they've shamelessly lived in sweet sin quite a bit.

Second stanza: Realization comes to light for the reader after the stanza about two lovers. Both of them are flings. The intercourse is talked about in 'an unknown amount of DNA shared almost grudgingly'. Hm... our casual lovers aren't happy, then? Shit, why worry about virtue when all that stuff's been done? Ah... lost in the mind, is it? Well, the mind can be broad sometimes. Mayhap the mind has expanded way beyond wherever 'here' is.

Third Stanza: Wait... 'Still in'... Crud. I think this may support the fact that they are having casual sex. Maybe these two have no way to stop. I don't think they have true intimacy. Instead... they have the body's wants...

x_X Okay. I really don't like the formatting, but that's just the way I am. Thinking about this extensively was very interesting. Thanks for publishing this.
23 Page 1 2 Next »