for Changes

11/29/2003 c1 29Randirogue
Such a true sentiment in this. I touch on it, myself, in my ongoing novel on this site. I'm not asking you to read it. I set the theme to a metaphor/simile, whatever (being lazy about being correct about which it is). But, as you spoke this theme so well in this poem, I did want to share the paragraph that I talked of it.
"I’d explained to Ulan, way back when we were first becoming close friends via the Internet, that in my life, friends tended to burst in and fade out. It wasn’t that we necessarily stopped being friends, but our separate lives took directions that led away from each other. I was fine with that. I figured, in my own philosophizing, that people entered each other’s life as needed, regardless of whether or not we could specifically identify the reason we needed them. Then, when that need has been fulfilled to its brim, we drift back into our own separate streams. Very few people stay with us for huge chunks of our life. Ulan seemed to be insistent on being one of those people for me. I didn’t see it happening. Heck, I didn’t see myself with Drea for more than a few years and she was me... sort of."
I'm not advertising my story to you, like I said. I guess... I'm just saying, your poem touched well on something I understand. It was nice to read your expression of it.
11/3/2003 c1 612simpleplan13
Another one I can relate too.. me likes
11/3/2003 c1 87Romantic Squirrel
now this i can relate to
11/3/2003 c1 20Innocent Green Eyes
Hmm...interesting! I can't pay attention too much to how the words go with each other because it's the POINT that keeps jumping out at me! This is EXACTLY how I felt about my best friend's and I's friendship. (still do at times) Very nice though! Keep it up girl! =D

God bless,