for The Oracle

2/23/2006 c1 6Strider Hunter
Very interesting little piece you have here...I wonder why the Oracle had some sort of attachment to Peter. Could it be because they were similar in age? Well-written, just a typo or two but everyone gets those. Keep up the good work!
7/17/2004 c1 Seina
Wow, that's really interesting. Makes you think. I like it. Beatiful writing. ~Lady Merlin
7/12/2004 c1 2Kro
Very competently handled. I have respect for anyone who can make their point in so few words.
6/13/2004 c1 20Mishachan
Ooh, creepy. I really like this. I've never thought of the Oracle of Delphi that way before, if that's who it is. I like how you took an old concept and made it a little different. Nice job.
5/18/2004 c1 8DeeEe
While it's quite strong on it's own, I wonder if this couldn't be made longer. Or even another story exploring the same young woman's past. I find myself wondering what her mother did name her, why the others committed suicide, and how she reacted to her visions as a child.
4/15/2004 c1 10Vampyresse
Wow! That was beautiful, made me teary... It was creepy in a way, but sad. The opening sentence is kind of weak though, but the rest is really well written. You could develop it and make a novel kind of story out of it [this is supposed to be a short, right?]
4/6/2004 c1 10WhisperElmwood
an interesting little ficlet - excellently pulled off, though a little confusing.
Overall, I think I would like to learn more about this Oracle - the story lends some pointers to a longer story that could be explored.
2/29/2004 c1 new account
Wow, eerie and well written. I felt so much in such few words. I don't know how you do it, but it's a skill. Your description of the Oracle was simple, yet clear and the last line gave me a chill. You are a good writer.
- misplaced Vision
2/22/2004 c1 Leigh Nithra
creepy...is there gonna be more to this? cause its good.
leigh
2/2/2004 c1 lux perpetua
This is an awesome piece of work! I especially like the twist at the end when all the ghosts torment the Oracle. That was definately something I would never have thought up!
By the way, I've read that you're interested in beta-reading. Could you take a look at my story and tell me what you think? It's called Chancery Court: A Romance.
Thanks!
~rose
1/24/2004 c1 24S.R. McMahnn
wow... just bloody awesome. an amazing story, very well rounded and well thought out. although it was short, it had me completely hooked and starving for more.
1/20/2004 c1 16El Cosmos-o
quite chilling... very well done.
the description of The Oracle was especially good; her image was very distinct, as well as the strain she's under. one thing that does bug me a bit is the last two sentences in that paragraph; the simplicity is well placed, but those phrasings for suicide are used too much in high school angsting stories. you should maybe consider a different wording. unfortunately, they're otherwise perfect...
the explanation of her screaming was a very reasonable one, and the second to last paragraph puts a clear (and yet not, but that's good in this case) scene in the reader's mind.
i also have to comment on the fact that you included the whole her powers (or whatever word you want) being exploited; nice touch.
12/28/2003 c1 206Night Skye Tears
why would she scream more when she saw him? anyway, this was good, the ending was a lil rushed but a good fic. poor oracle. i notice your penname is Demeter Rose, possible Greek Mythology reference?
11/29/2003 c1 Melancholy Butterfly
If this is a story I really do hope that you write more! It's so captivating, and the little details you describe about The Oracle makes me want to know more about her. The fact that the person who is telling the story is already dead makes this piece of writing all the more interesting.
11/23/2003 c1 2Katharine Wills
Wow! This is utterly great! Creepy, but very cool!
18 Page 1 2 Next »