for Legalize Marijuana

11/25/2003 c1 7C Shot
One point you forget are the long term effect even if you smoke weed a few times. Weed actually becomes a part of you PNS and CNS (or in another words your nervous system). And smoking it enough actaully makes THC (the chemical that causes the high) become a part of your blood cells.

AS for it being relatively safe. Here are some short term effects for ye: Impared short term memory, increased heart rate, parania, phycological dependece, Impairments in learning, memory, perception, and judgment - difficulty speaking, listening effectively, thinking, retaining knowledge, problem solving, and forming concepts, and Intense anxiety or panic attacks.

For example my sister has a friend who smoked a lot of weed when he was my age (Im 16). Right now he is 23 and has anxiety attacks and often suddenly faints, he hasnt smoked and weed for five years but it still effects him.

Marijuana also impares drivers as much as being drunk does. The drug is stupid, I know a lot of people arre gonna think that I am an ass. Ive never smoked it and I dont plan on to.

I think it is nice that you are thinking of are economy, but if you're a gay I hope you know that marijuana messes with your balls. Can you make you infertile, not much better if you are a girl.

If you want to know more about how weed fucks with you I recommend this website:

http:/w.marijuanaaddiction.info/effects-of-marijuana.htm

~C Shot~
11/25/2003 c1 acccountkiller
Wow...omg...I totally agree with you..I'd never considered marihuana as it is something that really doesn't attract me but I think you are totally right! great job..I mean i find most teenagers take marihuana cos its forbidden...and i mean..it isnt that lethal..sure..this guy friend of mine passed onto crack from plain weed..and isnt talking to me but i think that ocne they gotta taste most ppl leave it alone.. u exposed a lot of truths there...awesome stuff! You should write things like these mre often, I'm sure you've got great ideas! Love, Mia
11/25/2003 c1 10James Jago
If people want to dice with death then let them, I say.
11/24/2003 c1 12kalariah
Most of your works are well-written, but this seems to be presented more as an argument than a persuasive writing. Perhaps if you had more facts and less speculation it would be a bit more convincing. (It would be less than... not so bad really... some people think... very vague) Statistics, for example, would be a nice addition.

You also should be aware of contradictory ideas when placed right next to each other, such as this:

"...legalizing it wouldn't make much difference. If anything, kids would have to get it through the proper, above board channels who refuse to sell it to someone without an ID."

Yeah right. Before that you were just talking about how easy it is to obtain. (Your friend growing some.) I really don't think it would limit use at all. Especially when you consider the widespread abuse of alcohol and cigarrettes, despite there being age limits.

You say it's not as harmful as abuse of alcohol and tobacco; just because something is LESS harmful than something else doesn't make it good. "Oh, not as many people die from stabbings as from car accidents, so stabbing people must not be all that bad." An extreme example, but you should get the point.

I'll end my lecture now; you just happened to pick one of the areas on which I have a very strong opinion. On the plus side, if you rewrite this to include more facts, I think you'll have a very convincing case presented here.
11/24/2003 c1 220Namir Swiftpaw
Your reasoning is sound. Personally, I think they should legalize marijuana and make cigarettes illegal...but meh. *shrugs* Not like I would ever smoke either anyway.

Anyway, I do think it would be a pretty good idea to legalize ol' Mary Jane.

Keep writing.

~Namir Swiftpaw
11/24/2003 c1 A Reviewer
Your spelling of "controversial" is wrong. It is "contrOversial", not "contrAversial".
11/24/2003 c1 36k. k. jeanne
i wrote a speech on this a while back; i was totally into your essay. i like the points you made, such as freeing up the judicial system and the fact that its no worse than alcohol. its so true! the writing may need slight tweaking, but i definitely liked the ideas!
11/24/2003 c1 9fugiguru
i have a few problems with your reasoning:

"So, if marijuana was legalized it would be fairly simple to achieve a safe, controlled drug..."

yeah, just like cigarettes are. so safe, so controlled. that must be why so many people die each year from them.

"Users complain that limiting or banning the use of marijuana is an infringement on their personal freedom."

i'm sure that thieves say the same thing. they have the right, goddamit, to take what they want when they need it, right?

"Think about it, when did you last hear of someone who died from smoking a spliff?"

when you hear about someone dying from cigarette use, it is after years of smoking. marijuana, perhaps because it is illegal, has not been studied, so we really have no idea who dies from it each year.

but i guess if cigarettes are legal, marijuana should be too. at least it has some medicinal uses, whereas cigarettes don't. this was nicely put, but flawed. work on it a bit.
23 « Prev Page 1 2