for To No Avail

1/5/2005 c1 Amaranth of Grey
You have captured the angst of many American women in this. Who doesn't feel the tugging from the ceulluloid dreams we're fed like drugs? 'We're not good enough and never shall be?' Well, no critique here. Just saying I feel it, expierience it. somewhat thought provoking. Thought provoking on the level that I am being reminded of the cultural folly. In an artistic sense, I love your work here.
9/18/2004 c1 3Irrational Exuberance
Interesting...I've always found it so odd that Bottichelli's Venus was considered the epoitome of beauty in her day, and would on this modern earth be shoved a bottle of diet pills and called an ugly fatty.
8/25/2004 c1 David Stephen
A very good piece of work. It deals with a subject which matters in todays societies - and speaks nothing but the truth. I think that it reads like realism. Well done! ~David~
8/12/2004 c1 285KittenX
No it's not. (worth it) In the long run it's about what you have inside and not the outside is what matters.
You can't stay young forever, but you can stay young in mind. So what's the point of fighting age and brooding about it?
Anyhoo, sorry I was just expanding on your ideas in the poem, got me thinking!
7/29/2004 c1 7Ironiclife
No, no it really isn't...
7/28/2004 c1 2Meg Ann Riley
Wow, this is a great poem because it's so darn TRUE! I hate that about American media.
The phrasing and format was really good. The way the poem kind of fell downward was perfect, considering the poem talks about people's self-esteem and America's morals falling.
I really liked it. Keep it up!