for The fate of the Butcher of Baghdad

7/27/2004 c1 6AEprincess9
While I believe, as do most, that Saddam is an evil man who did evil things to innocent people, I can not disagree more with your thoughts on killing him. Capital punishment is never right. He killed and tortured people, should we really stoop to his level? I, for one, never agree with Bush, but on the issue of what to do with Saddam, I do. Why do we, as Americans, have a right to punish a man who never commited a crime on our land? Iraqi's should be given the decision on what to do with him, for he abused their mothers, daughter, sisters and brothers. Only they should be allowed the glory of giving him his sentance.
P.S.Have no fear. Bush and the rest of the American government chose who would actually trying Saddam. The trials are really just for show.
6/8/2004 c1 Satans-Little-Snake
I am 1/4 Iraqi but I cannot agree with what you are saying. How dare you comment on something you have not experiranced, Its incredibly stupid of you to assume that countries such as Russia and Ausrtralia don't care a shit about what happens. I find it ironic that after decades of opresseion and torture that we have freed the Iraqi people, only then to abuse them in prisioner war camps, takeing pictures of Samdamn Hussain to show to the family. I think we should let the Iraqi's try Hussain in an Iraqi court, Sadamn come from Iraq, commited the most heinous crimes in Iraq, it is only fair and justified that he is tried in an Iraqi court. It will be a symbol of inderpendence and justice for Iraq.
No one should interfer.
Alex
p.s I would also like to add that most Iraqi despise Americans and George Bush.
p.p.s Did you know that George Bush has an IQ of 91 and a gorilla and IQ of 87.
1/30/2004 c1 giygas666
How about this? Throw Hussein in a small cage like the pathetic cur that he is, put him in a zoo with the rest of the animals, and keep him there for the rest of his miserable life. Give him sufficient medical care to keep him alive for a long time. And to make it even better, put said zoo within sight of one of his old palaces! Give a man a man's punishment and give a beast a beast's punishment.
If I were an Iraqi, I might think differently, but I think death is too good for a bastard like Hussein; I say make him suffer! Death would be a quick and easy way out.
A man is afforded such dignity as he shows to others, so to hell with compassion!
1/14/2004 c1 14tresparadisE
to dispense death to one another is not our right and besides... what if death is too good for him? i'd give him to the iraqis to do whatever they like with him.
cheers.
1/5/2004 c1 Anarchist Smurfette
Stopped by because you reviewed an essay of mine (thanks!).
I can understand why people feel the way you do about Saddam Hussein. But I still think capital punishment is never right under any circumstances. Yes, he did horrible things - but that doesn't make it right for us to retaliate in kind or in any way descend to his level.
12/26/2003 c1 133S.C. Preclarus Noctis
Bush is equally disgusting and evil..so I don't know what the hell you're talking about. I'm sorry, but I've never agreed with this war and never supported Bush.
12/26/2003 c1 No Trust
"Legally speaking, he should be tried in the nation that his offenses were committed, under the laws at the time he committed his offenses. The sentence should also reflect this."
He committed his offences in Iraq and they were perfectly legal at the time and place.
12/26/2003 c1 15No Trust
Saddam Hussein should be strung up by his ankles and have a machette taken to him. One day at a time, and taking care to make sure he doesn't die before the end, cut off his hands at the wrists (one each day), then his arms at the elbows (one each day) and then shoulders (again, one each day), castrate him (one ball a day and then lil' willy; I'm sure this will properly require a smaller, more precise cutting instrument like a scalpel or utility knife or something), and then on the last day gut him like a pig and let him die from that.

Actually, I don't personally care what happens to Hussein. He never did anything to me.

"Wilusa is quickly becoming my favorite conspiracy nut here."

But, I thought I was your favorite conspiracy nut...
12/23/2003 c1 4my two centavos
I prefer the Iraqis to decide Saddam's fate. As for what would happen to him after that, I think I would prefer to lock him up for good. Death is a quick way out. If you want him to suffer, put him in a prison where his political opponents used to be. A place where the sun don't shine.
12/23/2003 c1 Steven Lawrence
Hey kid, sorry I'm late in reviewing this. This was pretty good and of course I agree-this man deserves nothing but death. The Hague would be too nice-and regardless what any of these liberals might say (Jago most importantly) a long jail sentence is NOT worse than killing the man. It's the freakin' Hague-they aren't going to put disposed world leaders in a shithole cell. So get over this rigtheous "we'd be just like them" crap if we killed the guy.

Wilusa is quickly becoming my favorite conspiracy nut here. Hey, do your kids know you spout this crap off lady? Give the man asylum? Oh and because the Iraqis couldn't pull of a revolt he can't be arrested. Jesus lady, get a fucking life.

-Steve
12/22/2003 c2 6MrFlames
Well, to keep up the comparison: Who comes to mind when you think of who killed that guy on the cross? If the word "Romans" springs to mind, then I would of course say: "But the Jewish government was the ones in charge!" Yeah right. The Jews weren't any more in charge under the Roman empire than the Iraqis are under ours.
12/22/2003 c2 12kalariah
If you'll notice, I didn't say that he shouldn't be executed, or that since he could have been different that absolves him of his crimes. I merely said that I pity him, which I still do. You asked what we feel regarding Hussein, and I answered.
Yes, I still believe he deserves death. I did say that before, if you recall. I just think we shouldn't be so quick to execute judgment on him. The US was not the country terrorized by Saddam, so even the ranting and anger we feel should be tempered with respect for what the Iraqis wish. I have no doubt they'll want him dead, but let's let them decide that in their own time.
12/22/2003 c1 2Another Rogue
*Even though the man has committed crimes against humanity, most of Europe feels that the man should be sent happily to jail to live out the rest of his days laughing at the world. I find it beyond comprehension how anyone could think that this man deserves anything less then a bullet whole between his eyes.*
Personally,I think a bullet would be the easy way out. Let him think over what has done to his people in a small cell. Let him wish he was either free or dead.
Of course, this decission is not to us, but to the Iraqi people. The question is if the Iraqi legal system is capable of judging Saddam in a fair trial. But eventually we must let the Iraqis decide, it is the only way.
12/22/2003 c1 76Wilusa
In my opinion, Saddam Hussein should not even be placed on trial. A country should be found that will give him asylum.
Why? Because he was not guilty of war crimes, or anything else, in the war in which he was taken prisoner-an illegal war of aggression against his country.
He probably was guilty of war crimes in the Iran-Iraq War; but the Iranian leadership was equally guilty, and the war ended in a stalemate. It's grossly unjust to discriminate between Iran and Iraq by seizing an opportunity to capture (illegally) the person who led only one of those countries during that war, and try him for war crimes.
What of his alleged crimes against his own people? If the Iraqis had themselves succeeded in overthrowing their government, or had done it with covert outside help that couldn't be proven, they'd have a right to prosecute him. That's not the case here.
The U.S. is holding Saddam Hussein just as illegally as if he'd been abducted during a state visit to another country.
12/20/2003 c1 Zohar
I think I'd stand with Russia and Australia, in that their views are most similar to my own. He is an Iraqi criminal; it is their choice how they choose to proceed. Anything else is an injustice.
30 Page 1 2 Next »