for Spare Me

6/14/2004 c1 13Talyn Gray
.:blink:. is this who I think it's about? ^^'
Haha, I loved this. Just this morning some 16 year old girl wrote to dear Abby, telling her she was engaged, buit was MADLY IN LOVE with someone else... uh-huh...
6/8/2004 c1 13Rachel Faith A. Teknoman 333
*laughs*
I like this! It's exactly what I feel when my friends are in love, again...
Until the ask me if I have found love...
*glares threateningly at retreating friends*
What? Can I help it that I have yet to fall in love for the first time? Even if I could, I wouldn't do it!
But, to return to the poem, ^_^ it is obvious to everyone that you're talented. My compliments, Jade!
Bye,
-Rachel
p.s. I especially liked this part;
'Up roll my eyes
And withheld are my sighs
That would escape from me thus
Having dodged all this fuss
I make my thanks to the heavens above.'
Hahaha!
6/7/2004 c1 29Anandria
Ha! Yes, I love it! And yay! I get to read TAD as an original now, what could be better? You have such a way with words, I love it. Congrats!
Ja ne, Jade Wing-san!
6/2/2004 c1 clever-chan
Grand grand grand! I really liked this one & it reflects my thoughts as well! Great the rhyming!
~C-Chan~
5/26/2004 c1 ChaoticPheonix
::Laughs:: Wow, you have a wonderful handle on things don't you! The style isn't odd at all, it flows nicly and is rather lyrical in that I wouldn't be surprised to hear it put to music... it would be a very amusing song actually!
5/21/2004 c1 8silent-distress
Very nice, jadewing! This poem has much meaning put to it, and it's very good.
5/7/2004 c1 jeesie rose
me likey, me likey!
5/2/2004 c1 Deathstroke50
Great poem! I'd congratulate you, but there are more pressing issues at hand... like that loose lab experiment. Congrats (it's not 'congratulate' ;P )
4/15/2004 c1 KiCHi-sama
Know what's weird? I totally agree. True love and fate are for morons.
Great poem, nice views, and the rhyming is perfect.
4/2/2004 c1 Wing
True, *nods sagely*, so true. But the title got me. 'Spare me'...it's not exactly easy to be spared...is it? Personally, I make it a big deal to cut off these 'particular' feelings, but throughout the poem, it feels more like a lament...after all, how could one describe the joy, 'Choirs of angels resound through the nation', and the pain, 'Here for a momentthen with a sweep of the wings, Off to perch on much grander things…', or the deeper meaning, 'Are you in love—with love, not someone?' without actually experiencing it? No one is really 'spared' -_-
3/21/2004 c1 just passing through
My thoughts exactly
2/22/2004 c1 27Electra Fairford
Hahaha, great.
The second-to-last stanza loses momentum/rhythm somewhat, but picks up again in the last stanza. The rhyming is a little contrived throughout, too...I wish more people would cross over to the wonderful world of free verse. But the lilting rhyme does set up the right tone for this poem.
Anyway, awesome poem. *forwards to all single friends*
2/17/2004 c1 6Lamia Aduro
spoken true (though we are forced to listen, how can one shut up ones friend? they never listen.
2/12/2004 c1 10Kirara
wow...you just summed up highschool "love" perfectly, i think.
=^.^=
1/16/2004 c1 JadeMoonWing
I can't login- on the school's computer (And this space bar is crap). And my internet at home is dead. So I'm just posting to say... that was GREAT. My friend next to me here read it and loved it too.
34 « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »