for You're Nowhere Near Unique

9/12/2012 c1 Guest
That the only think I really hate about Glee (besides the dying script and flat couples), it inspires "uniquness" or as I would say "wannabee-ness". People who used to bully or leave me out for whatever, are now self-proclaimed "dorks" or "crazy and random people". Great job though, I didn't notice any big mistakes.
8/29/2005 c1 23amegakorobu
You can be creative and unique in personality...its not just your clothing that does it for you. and about the "goth" thing...you refer to the posers. I don't know any true goth that shops at Hot Topic or who would be caught dead in there. And I am unique, because I make most of my own clothing...so yeah...
3/13/2004 c1 59Spootasia Tomoe
yes! i know! that's why i buy my clothes where they WANT you to match and then mix them up myself! MWA HA HA HA!
tape also works well to set up an aura of uniqueness, especially on feet! it's not like we need socks or shoes anyway, not when we have red duct tape!
and thak you for reviewing my story almost solely made of HOMERIC SIMILIES! mwa ha ha ha!
*ahem*... i really likes your rant, i thought it rocked! worthy of spoot, fellow human! (p.s. i had sugar today...can you tell?)
1/18/2004 c1 carmice3
Well well. Here's a weird thing, once you hit twenty all this stuff simply doesn't matter any more. Hehe, something to look forward to. (Oh that and you figure out that your parents actually WERE right, and you DO owe them an apology. Who would have thought?)
As rants go, not bad. Although you did miss the most important question: why don't people make their own clothes any more? Now that's individuality!
1/10/2004 c1 10Crelian2202
I had to read that three times to understand it. First on a grammar stand point don't capitalize words you want emphasis on use exclamation marks or italics. Also the '...' phrase is called an elipse (may have spelled that wrong) and it only used when something has been cut out during the middle of a speech, example I ... store went to the has been cut out. usually only done with unnescissary information. Now off a grammar binge, Check the seven shirts you have, 10 sais they are made by a 'big brand' company just not one that costs a bit more money. So in a sense you are doing exactly what you spent an overabundance of time bitching about.
1/10/2004 c1 1Dagnarus
I'm afraid that I'm unique. I never talk at school even though I'm one of the funniest kids. My favorite bands are Weird Al Yankovic and Queen. I don't like music in general. I don't care what others think of me. I couldn't name two clothes company. A favorite saying of mine is: "Let's be original! Everyone's doing it!"
1/5/2004 c1 10James Jago
I'm wearing a Hawaiian shirt as I type this -one of many in my wardrobe- so I don't have this problem. Asperger's is not without its compensations!
1/4/2004 c1 124Tipped
funny. as a matter of fact i enjoy your ranting so go on and make this longer with all your rantings and then tell me by of course, reviewing, when you've made it longer... not to offend andyone but, i have to do this- DIE STUPID CHEERLEADERS! DIE! DIE! DIE! hehe, sorry bout that. o, good job getting the point across- i have a very hard time doing that as you can tell so most of my summaries are just one word or they go on forever and ever and ever...*2million years later* buh bye!
~missy~
1/3/2004 c1 quill947
i totaly agree wuth what your saying i found a good way to eb close to uniques is wearing theatre shirts a have mine and my brothers old shirts and i have yet to see anyone wear the same stuff unless they were in the show with me
1/3/2004 c1 7CrazyEMOkid
This was a funny rant. While it may not have been perfect grammar wise (who's essay is though?) It was entertaining to read.
The points you bring up about clothes are so true. People want to be different, but they all look alike. Unfourtunately there's little you can do to keep from looking like the mass produced clones that we all see at our schools.
You point about the goths is so true. I have a few friends that are goth, and while some have some, not legitamate, but at least interesting reasons for being goth, others only say they want to be "different." the ironic thing about this is that you look around the cafeteria and see countless other kids who look exactly the same. "Individual" right.
The thing that bothers me the most about our generation isn't so much the clothes, but the mentality. We all think alike as well (for the most part) and that's an even worse crime than looking the same.
The only thing you can do is be true to yourself. Don't dress a certain way because it's "In" dress how you feel comfortable. I like to dress emo. Occaissonally however I will stop into my local AE store and see a t-shirt or something I like. I don't think "It's preppy, I can't buy it" I think, it's cool. I wanna buy it!
Faliarious!
peace.
1/3/2004 c1 28the tuesday after
Until this, I've never thought much about clothes at all - I will now but not the sense of what to where. A good thought.
However - I think I'll make a mental note to myself not to think about my own identity/individuality because - we just are arn't we?
An interesting look at the rags the hide our nakedness.
L.
1/1/2004 c1 Eckrice
Oh ya. . .I fell it. Nice rant. I like how you captured abesolutely no plot or story-line whatsoever, while still keeping readers holding on, hopeing that it has a point. but, it never does. Thats what your suposed to do in a rant. . . . .right?
-Eckrice
(yes I am being stupid. . .)
12/31/2003 c1 3aren3
While I agree with the general idea of your essay, there is one issue that is not addressed that I would like to point out.
It is possible to wear mass-produced clothing that is worn by hundreds of other people and still have a unique style if the entire composition of the outfit is considered.
12/30/2003 c1 6Cyanic Blue
oh no! people who think like i do! look out! the government will be after you soon! you know too much! *runs off*
But seriously, thanks for the input, thanks for reviewing, and thanks for thinking like me, and above all, having the good humour to not scream and claw out your eyes because you do! Make any sense? i thought not...
I'll be sure to r&r some of your stuff as well, thanks again!
Jezz
12/29/2003 c1 2Lady Sunlight
I make most of my own clothes so i can be unigue and it works! everyone asks where i get my clothes and i tell them i make them and ask if i can make them a corset and i tell them " I would but I have a busy schedule of doing nothing"
16 Page 1 2 Next »